Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Rookie - 1st Stage Adam M. Snow (10/20/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

The Fruits of Insanity
    Written by Adam M. Snow

If you are hungry, take a bite
    - leave your worries and plight,
    saver the taste, the poet's fruit
    where inspiration goes to flock.

If you are hungry, take a bite
    - lose yourself in writer's smite;
    the taste is bitter, O so bitter,
    a bite would lose your sanity.

Take a bite, that precious fruit,
    let your mind dilute;
    see the world through poet's eyes
    with oppress madness stair.

If you are hungry, take your pen and write
    - let your words flow and let it take flight.
    Indulge yourself in insanity's fruit
    and become the writer of tomorrow.

• Bronze Star - 4th Stage Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (10/20/2014 9:14:00 AM) Post reply

I have read the poem of Carl Sandsburg the great American poet and poem " From the shore" pertaining to the birds flying in distant destinations irrespective of various adversities those faces. The close observation of nature and rhyming lines of the poem makes it so beautiful and I liked it very much.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Mike Acker (10/20/2014 12:06:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A corny older poem from me...Disguise as reply...

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie - 1st Stage Mike Acker (10/20/2014 3:14:00 AM) Post reply

Disguise I keep asking myself over and over, and over again: " How could something so good have turned so badly? Something so right have turned so wrong? How could something so l ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Michael Morrissey (10/19/2014 4:40:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I am wondering how the main page functions: " Top 500, " " Poem of the Day, " and " Quick Links."

• Rookie - 1st Stage Dan Reynolds (10/18/2014 5:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I have less than a week, to write and recite a poem at my. Mother's 90th birthday party. how do you think I should approach this momentous occasion?

• Rookie - 1st Stage delilah contrapunctal (10/19/2014 7:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

If you gotten your great sense of humor from her you'll have some memories of when you were growing up with her love and help to play with and to enhance the hugs and kisses...bet she loves being a g ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Professor Plum (10/18/2014 10:47:00 PM) Post reply

If she is that old, offer to drive her tongue around on sunday, or, maybe, lay roadkill at her ears.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Professor Plum (10/18/2014 9:24:00 PM) Post reply

Just don't do anything with blue armadillos, women with two faces, or phallic buildings and you'll be fine.

• Freshman - 2nd Stage Diane Hine (10/18/2014 8:13:00 PM) Post reply

For an idea of how NOT to write the poem ... more

• Freshman - 2nd Stage Points Of View (10/18/2014 11:53:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

It's strange a Poet who I believe he's great is gone on my friends list even his comments and pm and my reply are all gone.
    How and Why?I checked him everywhere but I can't find him anymore left no single trace.
    His like a ghost..

• Bronze Star - 4th Stage Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (10/18/2014 9:55:00 AM) Post reply

The most interested poem of today from the poems read by me is " After many cold winters" written by Valsa George. The poem pertains to love that is campus love. Though a routine subject of poems from various poets this particular poem felt with such great feelings of love just like an incident and experience of the reader. The word power is also great.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Adam M. Snow (10/18/2014 2:55:00 AM) Post reply

Hey guys, wrote another poem tonight. Posted this once already and it was removed. So let's try this again.

God is Crying
    Written by Adam M. Snow

God is crying, did you know?
    Not welcome here is He.
    We reap what we sow,
    now condemned are we.

The fault's on us, not He.
    Ashamed of truth, we let Him go,
    - blinded now are we.

God is crying, weeping.
    Calling to us, we deny His voice.
    Ignorance are we, sleeping;
    thrown Him out by choice.

God is crying, shedding tears;
    His love still great yet we deny.
    Letting lies fill our ears,
    we cannot hear Him cry.

Did you know God is crying?
    His heart is burdened, full of pain.
    His precious children dying,
    the world has gone insane.

God is weeping, surly He's weeping.
    Giving into greed, we lost our way.
    Blind are we, sleeping.
    - This our life we stray.

God is weeping; yes He's weeping,
    for the lives lost by war.
    His tears like that of ocean's heaping,
    overflowing more and more.

God is love, that is why He cry,
    like a worried mother or father.
    God's not dead, yet we deny;
    we by His words are bother.

He cares for us greatly so.
    The world is dark yet He is light;
    He is crying, day and night.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/17/2014 2:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Just want to introduce myself. I am Scotty Dogg. And I am funny and playful, a bit on the m0r0n side, but otherwise I am me!

• Rookie - 1st Stage Gulsher John (10/17/2014 11:48:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hey guys, Silence is so freaking loud here, n am listenin'it... where r u al?

• Bronze Star - 4th Stage Mandolyn ... (10/17/2014 8:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I only come here once in a blood moon and I was only impressed with the blood moon. Your sentencing tells me you are not who you think you are. Just keep thinking about it....

• Rookie - 1st Stage Mike Acker (10/17/2014 1:40:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Don't worry, John. It will pick up again. At least the Big Bird Palmer has left with his tail between his legs(hard thing to do for a bird, easier for a mule) . He was a nasty pr$kc. He used leave h ... more

[Hata Bildir]