Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

• Mohammad Skati (8/29/2014 8:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I suggest studying William Shakespeare and his great works especially his sonnets, so we all can benefit.

• Pranab K Chakraborty (8/29/2014 8:18:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Poetry is a diplomatic trap to catch human by a superhuman state of thinking. Supra-conscious strategy of hacking human mind.

• Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (8/29/2014 7:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Poetry is an art of Psychological science, and deep meditation to look inside and out side of every nature both living and non living things as well as universal

Replies for this message:
  • Gajanan Mishra (8/29/2014 7:16:00 AM) Post reply Stage

We are reading and reading a poem while the sky is watching us from there. But we care not anybody. We know there is none before us when poem is here. Let us read poem again and see that there is no sky. The sky disappeared fearing the poem. The poem is Supreme and we are composing and reading the poem.

• Abekah Emmanuel (8/29/2014 5:12:00 AM) Post reply Stage

We should take our time and compose heart touching poems to the admiration of humanity. Lets not use this forum to publicize our poems only but our ideas as well. Thank you all and have a nice day.

• Gajanan Mishra (8/28/2014 8:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Let us start at every moment everything afresh without any preoccupation. Be careful to the words preconceived and also prejudiced.Be free from all and come to start anew. This is the first stage of poetry. Forget all.

• Frank Ovid (8/28/2014 8:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Truer words my friend. Where's Jeff when you need him?

• Mohammad Skati (8/28/2014 4:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I just read three great poems to a great poetess. This poetess is called " Madeline Sandy " . I want every poet global to read this great poetess on Poemhunter.

• John Westlake (8/28/2014 7:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Thank you kindly for the recommendation. I will check out her poems later. It is good to see that there are some poets who are prepared to recommend others.

• Jim Hogg (8/28/2014 12:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 7 replies Stage

A PH member's poem: Nightfishing by Gjertrud Schnackenberg, as a reply

• Jim Hogg (8/29/2014 9:43:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You may be right LP... I've got no proof either way. I only claimed belief, not knowledge - just to be accurate..

• Lamont Palmer (8/29/2014 7:56:00 AM) Post reply Stage

PH was launched, I believe, in 2003. Schnackenberg was already a major voice at that time. Its unlikely she would've joined PH. Why would she?Those three poems of hers were placed there by others, mor ... more

• Jim Hogg (8/29/2014 6:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I believe she was a member once... was just dangling a little bait..! ! Seemed too good an opportunity to miss... oh well.. catcher caught! It's a pretty decent poem and only the very brave, arrogant ... more

• Lamont Palmer (8/28/2014 4:10:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Great poem. Rich and full of interesting ... more

• Frank Ovid (8/28/2014 3:34:00 PM) Post reply Stage

This is a fine poem, Jim (it really is, ... more

• Jim Hogg (8/28/2014 12:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I know.. it's likely to get some abuse, ... more

• Jim Hogg (8/28/2014 12:47:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Nightfishing The kitchen's old-fashio ... more

• Mohammad Skati (8/28/2014 4:14:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi, great poets. I suggest reading and studying all Shakespeare's sonnets fully, so what do you think?Thanks.

• Jim Hogg (8/27/2014 2:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Helloh Danny.... (no, I'm not just checking the colour of my badge/shield/cresty thing! !) ...

[Hata Bildir]