Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Gajanan Mishra Silver Star - 5th Stage (9/12/2014 8:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A little faith,
    I have with me,
    Please come and
    take it, I am
    ready to deliver
    you at this time.
    A little faith
    That is with me
    is ready to
    go to you for
    the purpose of
    survival.
    Please come and
    see in you, the truth.

Replies for this message:
  • Gajanan Mishra Silver Star - 5th Stage (9/12/2014 8:22:00 AM) Post reply

Here is the poem, come and read with a little faith. Come on and see yourself in this poem. Find the truth that is there in it. A day, a moment without poetry is beyond imagination. See the tree and the moon, the bird and the sky, they are there telling something to you. Come and hear, they are whispering. The leaf is falling, the flower is blooming. It is the area of poems. Yes, you are here, with the wind and water. You are here on this earth. Come and read a poem relating to your own roots. Come and show your own light here. That is the poem. Study yourself staying within.

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (9/12/2014 8:18:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Paraphrasing poems is a good job, so we can individually or collectively paraphrase a certain poem or a certain poet. Thanks.

• Gangadharan Nair Pulingat Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (9/11/2014 10:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I read a poem " The sole witness" in poemhunter.com. written by the poetess Valsa George which is marvelous in its creativity of nature. The close observation experienced by the writer is beautifully made the poem and wonderful words in such fantastic lines I really felt. That" Whether the wind ruffles the leaves of trees The mother plant in lexuriant follage s stands proud. And also the poem continues A dandy butterfly filling down To kiss those regal beauties like a besotted lover....In fact I liked the poem much.

• Tony Adah Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/11/2014 3:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Just left here for the hunters two pieces of mind cakes- Fair weather friends and Nine eleven two thousand and one. Please devour n tell me how you feel.

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Abekah Emmanuel Freshman - 2nd Stage (9/11/2014 1:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

THE POET IN ME.....the latest from my camp.....check it out!

• Mohammad Skati Bronze Star - 4th Stage (9/11/2014 10:19:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I would like to make comparison between poets or poetesses depending on their styles or their poems, so if that is appreciated by our dear members, then why don't we go ahead with it?Thanks.

• Dan Reynolds Rookie - 1st Stage (9/11/2014 7:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

When I listen to Camel’s song, “For today”

I tethered my thoughts to a mournful tune
    which held them above the abyss.
    It cradled and comforted, succour, so soon
    I was kept from the edge of the dark precipice.

That place where the faces of phantoms collide
    with the snap-shots of summers locked deep in our soul.
    The dreams mix with memories, rocking the tide
    so the ebb and the flow can but coax or cajole.

All the pain that was instant, instead of prolonged
    may have stolen the beat from those thousands of hearts
    May this tune guide them home, back where they once belonged.
    When the anger subsides and the healing then starts.

Yes I tether my thoughts on a mournful tune,
    with a pause for a breath at the break in the score.
    May it carry my hopes in its silken cocoon
    till the screams of the lost, need be heard here no more.

Note: This is my attempt to describe the power of a piece of music, inspired by the images of the divers from the Twin Towers.

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (9/13/2014 12:06:00 PM) Post reply

Danny, good try. I can't help but think this would be a LOT better if you weren't strait-jacketed by the form. " (C) an but coax and cajole, " " need be heard, " " succour, ... more

• Frank James Ryan Jr...fjr Rookie - 1st Stage (9/12/2014 12:41:00 AM) Post reply

Excellent post Danny...Thirteen years, or 156 months, or 4,755 days after " THAT" day, here, on Manhattans Westside it still stings like a darning needle...And now, with all this time passe ... more

• Bull Hawking Rookie - 1st Stage (9/11/2014 3:38:00 PM) Post reply

Quite a good effort Danny. Artful down to the pauses. Thanks for the posting of this. Be well sir, g

• Bull Hawking Rookie - 1st Stage (9/10/2014 7:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

On the eve of a new war.....following another war speach.....I thought it fitting to reply with a poem from Rimbaud:

• delilah contrapunctal Rookie - 1st Stage (9/11/2014 12:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

fitting indeed.....counting the grey-no-longer-black hairs of each president who succumbs to the pressure to justify/continue/create/augment wars and all their horrors/atrocities...very sad day, this. ... more

• Bull Hawking Rookie - 1st Stage (9/10/2014 8:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Crows Lord, when the open field is cold, when in the battered villages the endless angelus dies - Above the dark and drooping word Let the empty skies disclose Your dear, delightful crows. ... more

• Dana-maree Steel Rookie - 1st Stage (9/10/2014 6:44:00 PM) Post reply

Written by Dana-Maree

My love for you! ! !

My love for you is undiscribable, When i am away from you i am lost with no feeling left in my body, when i am near you with my arms wrapped around you i am lost with words our love for each other is powerful and strong no one can change the way i feel about you, You are perfect to me and i will never change anything about our love, You keep me on my own two feet, You help me when i am down and lost and have nothing to say, You respect every word that comes out of my mouth, You make me feel beautiful and worth living for you are my one and only true love.

[Hata Bildir]