Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/28/2014 4:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I just read three great poems to a great poetess. This poetess is called " Madeline Sandy " . I want every poet global to read this great poetess on Poemhunter.

Replies for this message:
    • John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/28/2014 7:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Thank you kindly for the recommendation. I will check out her poems later. It is good to see that there are some poets who are prepared to recommend others.

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 12:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 7 replies

A PH member's poem: Nightfishing by Gjertrud Schnackenberg, as a reply

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/29/2014 9:43:00 AM) Post reply

You may be right LP... I've got no proof either way. I only claimed belief, not knowledge - just to be accurate..

• Lamont Palmer Rookie - 1st Stage (8/29/2014 7:56:00 AM) Post reply

PH was launched, I believe, in 2003. Schnackenberg was already a major voice at that time. Its unlikely she would've joined PH. Why would she?Those three poems of hers were placed there by others, mor ... more

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/29/2014 6:46:00 AM) Post reply

I believe she was a member once... was just dangling a little bait..! ! Seemed too good an opportunity to miss... oh well.. catcher caught! It's a pretty decent poem and only the very brave, arrogant ... more

• Lamont Palmer Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 4:10:00 PM) Post reply

Great poem. Rich and full of interesting ... more

• Frank Ovid Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 3:34:00 PM) Post reply

This is a fine poem, Jim (it really is, ... more

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 12:48:00 PM) Post reply

I know.. it's likely to get some abuse, ... more

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 12:47:00 PM) Post reply

Nightfishing The kitchen's old-fashio ... more

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/28/2014 4:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hi, great poets. I suggest reading and studying all Shakespeare's sonnets fully, so what do you think?Thanks.

• Jim Hogg Rookie - 1st Stage (8/27/2014 2:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Helloh Danny.... (no, I'm not just checking the colour of my badge/shield/cresty thing! !) ...

• Frank Ovid Rookie - 1st Stage (8/27/2014 12:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

I really want to get my green crest, even if I have to take some other poets down while I'm on my way up. Sorry, that's the world of competitive poetry. I figure the more down votes I give someone the more chance I'll have to move up.
    Fair warning. Look for a lot of " ones" coming your way. I apologize, but it's the law of the jungle. You go down in prosaic flames, while I rise up in the poetry world. What's bad for you gets me digging on Treasure Island. Acker, you're going down first.

• Frank Ovid Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 10:58:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks Jeff. It's a different world out there for poets these days. One has to be aggressive. Opportunistic, if you will. If someone's better than you, stick a " one" in their back pocket. R ... more

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 9:35:00 AM) Post reply

Frank, that's the attitude! You're my hero and template! Good luck with your new career!

• Frank Ovid Rookie - 1st Stage (8/28/2014 7:27:00 AM) Post reply

Mr. Westlake, I'll try my best, however, I can't stand to see the other (inferior) poets getting their higher colors before me. I'm shooting for purple by the end of the day. Wish me luck!

• John Westlake Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/28/2014 6:44:00 AM) Post reply

Is it not better to help others rise wit ... more

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/27/2014 9:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, dear members. I suggest reading, studying, commenting, ........, ..........., on a certain poem for a certain poet daily. Some poets can translate this poem into different language. We can benefit from this task in addition to other tasks. Thanks.

• Mohammad Skati Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (8/27/2014 9:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi, dear members. I suggest reading, studying, commenting, ........, ..........., on a certain poem for a certain poet daily. Some poets can translate this poem into different language. We can benefit from this task in addition to other tasks. Thanks.

• Frank Ovid Rookie - 1st Stage (8/27/2014 12:25:00 PM) Post reply

Please delete this duplicate post. You're crowding in on my poetry corporate ladder. How's about 6 " ones" on your latest poems sound?That's what I thought, now delete it.

• Dan Reynolds Rookie - 1st Stage (8/27/2014 7:14:00 AM) Post reply

Think I'll look up the top thirty of the so-called top poets and post " You show great skill and promise" on their most recent poem. See how many reply.

• Dan Reynolds Rookie - 1st Stage (8/27/2014 7:12:00 AM) Post reply

So now we can look forward to a myriad of forum posts from the front-page carpet bombers of old, marketing and self-promoting their statistical rankings. When will PH start promoting quality, rather than quantity?Never, as that does not bring in the revenue of the advertisers.

• Pranab K Chakraborty Freshman - 2nd Stage (8/27/2014 12:24:00 AM) Post reply

If you can
    stand on sharp edge
    a blade awaits
    your foot-tips to stand you alone

another wonderful world
    sure will show you
    claps greeting your efficiency..

[Hata Bildir]