Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie - 592 Points Jefferson Carter (10/15/2014 10:42:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

PHumpers, I'm really tired of Lamont and Acker's pissing contest and the illiterate digressions of possibly fake ESL droolers here. It's become a true BORUM. I'm taking a break.

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie - 547 Points Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip (10/15/2014 8:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hello! the world most largest book known as the holy Bible the living word of God Elohim Yahweh the book of wisdom, knowledge, understanding and discretion of all philosophy, religions, politic, social, custom, culture and traditions of all mankind as well as all living beings and the book of eternal life.

• Rookie - 356 Points delilah contrapunctal (10/15/2014 6:41:00 AM) Post reply

so, hello to " all" in the land of multiple figments....enuff to put together numerous packages of Newtons...crumbly with pseudo gravitas....'])

• Rookie - 136 Points Professor Plum (10/14/2014 10:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Not fun anymore! Ovid, Clifton, Rizzo, Riiizzzzoooooo where is everyone?

• Rookie - 136 Points Melikhaya Zagagana (10/17/2014 5:03:00 AM) Post reply

Why is your points so low Prof. Plum?I want to know so that i wont be falling in the same hole.

• Freshman - 1,297 Points Mike Acker (10/14/2014 9:14:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Dinner Time as reply..............

• Freshman - 1,297 Points Mike Acker (10/14/2014 9:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

" A hospital, treating civilians, mostly women and children, was bombed by the Assad regime yesterday afternoon in Aleppo, Syria. At least sixty people are presumed dead, and dozens mor ... more

• Rookie - 774 Points Lamont Palmer (10/14/2014 5:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

AWWWW. I guess I'll have to give my Pushcart nominations back and 'unpublish' all my poetry. You've ruined my career. Haha. You're a bigmouthed moron who only reminded me of how much better I am than 'people' like you. Your stupidity only showed your insecurity and my superiority, as crows only pick at the choicest meat. My grandma used to say that, and by golly, she was right. And I know it hurt you to your heart to know that Mandolyn liked my poetry. Once you learned that, you oddly stopped singing her praises. So when you achieve what I have achieved (which is a modest success, but sweet) , then you'll be a somebody. Right now, you're only scum on a website. All talk, no poetry. Keep churning out those bland, clichéd stories, partner. You haven't won, I'm just too good to keep bickering with a nobody like you. Angie's post sort of woke me up. And also Ovid's pondering aloud on why JC, too, would be here fussing with amateurs. Its a waste of time. With me taking a breather, do you think Carter is going to stick around here much longer?So...you've made this cesspool, 'Acker'. Enjoy it. Period. Sorry to be so blunt. -LP

• Rookie - 774 Points Mike Acker (10/15/2014 1:51:00 AM) Post reply

You know what?You are as dense as a mule! JC was right. There is nothing to return. You didn't win a Pushcart prize. You, like close to 100,000 people(yearly) , were nominated(so you say) ! You ha ... more

• Rookie - 774 Points Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black (10/15/2014 1:38:00 AM) Post reply

Congratulations on your Pushcart nominations..Bravo! ! !

• Freshman - 1,297 Points Mike Acker (10/14/2014 4:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A few months ago, I read one of Palmer's poems, Tribute To Prell, critiqued it harshly because in all honesty it was terrible. What does he do? He takes it down shortly after, in embarrassment and shame.

Now I attack him in person, as Mike Acker, and what does he do? He cries like a little baby, runs to his mamma and suddenly needs a break.

To put it simply, he is, and always was a pompous arse and was never clothed. All I did was finally unmask him. Period, end of subject.

Someone, probably Plumface, is trying to stick Plums own persona of a persona,2nd Plum, and Tony Clifton on me!

• Freshman - 1,297 Points Mike Acker (10/14/2014 3:55:00 PM) Post reply

Someone is trying to set me up as being Prof. Plum and the other idiot Tony Clifton. I have never had anything to do with this crap.

• Rookie - 774 Points Lamont Palmer (10/14/2014 3:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I am neither a simpleton or an idiot or a blowhard. I’ve reacted just the same as anyone else, if they were under mindless sniping day in and day out. The balanced, mature thing to do is ignore the troublemakers, but my own fighting spirit won’t let me do that. I admire Danny who can take barely disguised insults and shrug them off with a smile and a quip; I can’t do that, and neither can most others here.

You know, this time last year, a number of the old regs decided to come back and have some fun in the forum for old time’s sake. Tributes to Herbert and Michael abounded and everyone seemed happy to be back. That didn’t last long. As soon as the poetry began to be posted, the bickering began; a little snappish at first, then the rolling out of the big guns. It’s sad that we can’t get together, discuss poetry, without all the viciousness, the namecalling, the personal attacks. It says such terrible things about who we are. I still contend that at a dinner party, none of this ugliness would happen. For almost a year, I’ve being attacked anonymously because someone ‘perceives’ me as ‘lacking humility’. Well that’s nothing less than a highly personal, and wildly subjective assessment. It doesn’t belong on the forum. JC and I aren’t crazy about each other’s poetry, but we don’t try to smash the other into the ground every time we encounter each other. We maintain a certain professional courtesy…even though JC descends into puerile namecalling, which rankles me, but we bicker a bit, then its over. We go on to have pleasant exchanges at other times. When things began to happen for me on the poetry front back in 2010, I felt that I had gotten all I could out of PH and I left the forum for a couple years and had even stopped posting poems. Once you're published, posting loses its thrill. I was coaxed back here last year, but I think I’m going to take a powder again for awhile. The childish, ugly behavior most certainly is tiring; the constant fighting and bickering is a huge drag. Basically its like arguing with a mental patient. And, in reality, it has nothing to do with poetry. So I’m gone too for awhile; back to full focus on Po-Biz, and clinging to my mailbox, awaiting acceptance letters, the poet's food. The asinine aliases, and people who obviously don’t have a decent life can have the forum. It’s pretty much been a hopeless hole of a place for at least 4 years now. I know how to reach the people who I have connections with and they know how to reach me. -LP

• Rookie - 774 Points Mike Acker (10/14/2014 4:00:00 PM) Post reply

I am neither a simpleton =](n) or an idiot etc.... (It is funny where the grammar mistake is made, " neither a simpleton or an idiot! ??) Every posting of yours proves the " blowhard&q ... more

• Rookie - 136 Points Professor Plum (10/14/2014 3:10:00 PM) Post reply

Anyone with half a brain knows Mikey will win over Big Bird! What think you, Tony?

[Hata Bildir]