Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Michael Shepherd (12/24/2005 5:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

It's a sad day in the world of poetry when poets have to use petty squabbles as material to make poems and vindictive prose. Why can't you guys cut each other some slack? Since you all claim charity, while abusing the very word?

Replies for this message:
    • Joseph Daly (12/24/2005 5:53:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I agree with you Michael, this silly spat is rather like the 'my-dad-is-bigger-than-your-dad' tete-a-tetes one expects in infant school and not on the forum of a site purporting to have poets as it's ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/24/2005 1:33:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I was just browsing, reminding myself how many really great (and diverse) poems I have been lucky enough to read on this site, when Kelly Vinal came along, out of the blue, from the battlefield in Iraq, and quietly placed another brilliant poem.

I invite you all to have a look.
    Best wishes
    H

• Jerry Hughes (12/23/2005 10:09:00 PM) Post reply Stage

To those who posted seasons greetings and new year best wishes, permit me to reciprocate doubly. Take good care, and let's get together in 2006. Cheers for now, Jerry

• Linda Jenkinson (12/23/2005 9:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Happy Christmas all and the best New Year wishes too...I think this place is wonderful...now I am off to the kitchen to do something unspeakable to a turkeys bottom! Oh 'tis the season to be jolly...

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Max Reif (12/23/2005 6:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

One more thing today:

A few hours ago I posted 'THE HISTORY OF FAT and THE DIET BLUES, GREENS AND ORANGES' (it's a single poem) . I really like it, and would like to direct your attention to it.

• Max Reif (12/23/2005 6:27:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Gee, I wrote a long, more 'personal' Holiday message, one that 'named names' expressing appreciation and comaraderie, and lost it in the software, clicking back to get more names.

It read kind of like an academy award acceptance speech, anyway, though I've had no award (but a LOT of acceptance!) . Please know that I appreciate you all. Positive comments on my work by poets whose work I've admired has particularly thrilled me, as has making friends with poets, beginners and veterans, from Europe, India, China, Malaysia, Australia, and such places.

This site is indeed a Crossroads! (And speaking of that, I just wrote 'the boss' about why traffic is so often jammed here, and will pass on what he-or she or they-reply.)

• George Simons (12/23/2005 6:25:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i have been writting since i was eleven.. i am 29.. i would like to publish my poems one day.

[[[]]
    www.movie.ws/29mbermuda/hosting

• sheila knowles (12/23/2005 1:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I'd like to add my 'Happy Christmas' to everyone here, too. Glad I found this site. It has been nice to pop in during times when I felt I'd never find a decent poem to read again, and find such jewels here. I know I've read some wonderful poetry here over the last few months and although I'm not the great participant, I've thoroughly enjoyed the forums, too, both for the drama and for the intelligent commentary!
    My own special greetings go out to a few here who I've had a little contact with. Firstly, Sherrie, thanks for the welcome and allowing me to use your poems :) then to Michael for leaving me such a lovely comment a few months back. Sir, you are a gent! Also thanks to Uriah who reads and comments on almost everything I post and Raynette, too. I appreciate that a lot. A special thanks also to Poetry Hound for his wonderful Bob Gotti commentary. Makes my day :) Also to Nikhil for giving me something to torture my husband with...sorry Nikhil! :) To Dreux for making me excited about poetry again at a time when I was losing the plot!
    And I'm sure I'm forgetting someone but thanks to everyone for the help ad useful comments on my poems. I tend to post and pull but that's only because I'm revising and submitting. I appreciate all the help....Have a great year, everyone.

• Max Reif (12/23/2005 1:36:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Holiday Greeting/New Year's Wish for all from moi:

MAY YOUR LAUGHTER BE CONTAGIOUS.
    MAY YOUR TEARS CREATE RAINBOWS.

Love and Blessings to all.

• Jeremiah Shine (12/23/2005 1:01:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Thanks for having me and putting up with my process. Happy December Days!

[Hata Bildir]