Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Michael Shepherd (11/14/2005 4:12:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hey guys, don't miss Graham Leese's message double-tacked to my 'a propos' post, that he's eager to spearhead a 'younger poets' anthology some time soon.

Replies for this message:
    • Allan James Saywell (11/14/2005 3:52:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

YES I'M INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING TO THE YOUNG PEOPLES BOOK YOU JUST HAVE TO LET ME KNOW WHO'S RUNNING THE JOLLY SHOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU A COUPLE OF MY PIMPLE POEMS FOR THE YOUNG PEOPLE SOME OF MY KIS ... more

• ***** ********* (11/14/2005 3:38:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I have a Stalker Called Poetry Bound. He has followed me through two other sites. He is a racist, and a nutter. He tried to access my account at another site and we have his ISP Address. He is leaving comments on my work here today. This is for you Coward.

Practice makes Perfect.

Being obnoxious is incredibly toxious.
    It takes years and years of practice.

Practice makes perfect you see?

I am nice. I am sweet. I am honest
    And discreet.

I can see through walls.
    I defend my principles.

I stand up against bullies
    Who are nothing but obnoxious fools.

Who will do anything to win.
    Who know no rules.

I will never back down to a coward.
    I am Tai Chi Italy. Prepare bully!

To bow down at my feet. Prepare bully!
    for this, your ultimate defeat.

PLEASE BE CAREFUL OF THIS LOSER FOLKS

He won't be around for long though!

Tai, just try me you punk!

• Allan James Saywell (11/14/2005 3:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

IT WAS HIS NAME I FOUND OFFENSIVE 'POETRY BOUNDER' SOUNDS LIKE A DOG RUNNING THROUGH THE MOORS I JUST WISH PEOPLE LIKE HIM WOULD GO BACK TO WATCHING HORROR MOVIES ALL DAY AND LET PEOPLE GET ON WITH T ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/14/2005 3:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

If it looks like a ****, acts like a ****, smells like a **** it probably is ****. He won't leave so soon as he's never left before. You are on your own here Tai, a church is only as clean as the fi ... more

• Allan James Saywell (11/13/2005 6:30:00 PM) Post reply

I have asked the Chinese to send me a couple of hundred thousand rickshaws
    to send to ireland to replace the wheelbarrows in belfast, also a hundred thousand chinese with a sense of direction to pull the rickshaws-TAXI

• Allan James Saywell (11/13/2005 6:22:00 PM) Post reply

THAT LITTLE GREEN iRISH HALLOWEEN ON MY TOOLBAH IS STARTING TO PISS ME OFF
    IF HE WASN'T GREEN I WOULD BE ALRIGHT WITH HIM AND IF HE WAS MUTE THAT WOULD BE BETTER STILL--HAPPY HALLOWEEN

• allan james saywell (11/13/2005 5:22:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i think i will have a holiday, i will go to yorkshire have a holliday on the moors feel the wind blowing on my fine coates of hairs feel the wind blow up
    my Kilt making me feel alive again

• Allan James Saywell (11/13/2005 3:22:00 PM) Post reply

i have notified the chinese and have got them to hire the great wall for a week of reading and chanting from the wall so as to educate the pheasents
    that are trying to leave that if they live in the west they will have to write
    poetry twenty four seven

• Michael Shepherd (11/13/2005 2:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've notified the Poetry Society here in London of our little venture of 'An anthology in a week'...ish... You'd think it would be great news for all devoted poets... but don't hold your hopes of publicity too high, it has the reputation of being very much a 'closed shop'.

• Michael Shepherd (11/13/2005 3:04:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I've now done the same with The London Review of Books, our liveliest literary review. Now supposing some media takes an interest. We can't afford to send copies out for review on spec. Will they be ... more

• Michael Shepherd (11/13/2005 2:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

A propos Lori's mention of referrals, wouldn't it be great if the poets here under, say,25, could follow up with a volume of their own poems and choices from their age-group?

• Mary Nagy (11/13/2005 2:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think that's a great idea Michael.......there are so many talented young people here! That would surely be an interesting book. :) I'd love to see them take charge of a project like that.

• Lori Boulard (11/13/2005 8:52:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

yawn...morning all. I actually dreamed that my inbox was swarming w/panicked emails from you all...something about not being able to make changes...why isn't _____ part of the mix...etc. Woah, wait, it wasn't a dream. Two things, then I'm getting coffee and a shower.
    - of course you can make changes to poems/bio; that's the point of a draft. Just send ONE email to me here w/changes.
    - I'm painfully aware of the typo on Michael's last name. Painfully.
    - there is no way we could incorporate everyone's personal referrals into the lineup, so to make it fair it was first come, first served aside from the original 'gang'. If there's anyone we unanimously feel is missing, pls say so NOW. I start a 'real' (that means paying) job next MOnday and my life goes to hell.
    That's 3 things but too bad. I need coffee. Smmmoooooccchhhhhh.

• Allan James Saywell (11/13/2005 2:43:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

congratulations orgy asm who at last has a poem in the top 500 after all that hard work, three cheers for an orgasm

• Michael Shepherd (11/13/2005 1:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

May he or she or it emulate pale marygold, whose naughty little poem is way up there...wonder who that can be, or is it a *derivative* jest of LM and JC in concert?

• Marcy Jarvis (11/13/2005 3:37:00 AM) Post reply

I just posted a poem in celebration. You can read it as a children's poem... or you can read it as an orgyasm.

[Hata Bildir]