Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Hasan Ali Tokuqin (12/17/2005 3:46:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Orhan Pamuk Case

I don't like Orhan Pamuk.He doesen't know anything about Turkey as a westrener.He thinks that Europe is golden land for Turks and Turks don't fit into it.He is too polemical than as a author.Like Salman Rushdie, he looks for fame and prestije.American circles like him, because he went American Robert Academy in Istanbul.This academy produced political nightmares like Bulent Ecevit and Tansu Ciller.

Novels of Orhan Pamuk merely frauds, masonic plots in oriental sense.Turkish storeotypes are ugly and unfair and backward.There is a racsist tinge in them.He depicts Islam as backward religion.

He is too narcist.He considers himself as the best writer of Turkey.Too many readers find his novels obscure and inconsistent.His Turkish is awfull.I think he has writer and correction team for his books.All his books are available in english now.

His last declarations on Armeninas are baseless and biased.This week Turkish press and media divided in two on his trial.Orhan Pamuk trusts to the westren lobby behind him.

Orhan Pamuk is not first writer insulting Turkish identity.Aziz Nesin, after his books translated into english, had said '60% percent of Turks are dumb.'

That is main theme of prolific writers in Turkey: insult Turkish identity, gain fame and prestije world wide.

Replies for this message:
    • Poetry Hound (12/17/2005 10:41:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hassan Aali Ttokuqin (12/17/2005 10: 32: 00 AM) writes: He made in a great argument by media and west.He is a little argument for public. Hassan, the above posting is incoherent. Maybe you shou ... more

• Poetry Hound (12/17/2005 7:17:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I don't think Pamuk would agree with your characterization of him. If he's so Western oriented, then why is he so popular inside Turkey? Here's a guy who is outspoken on human rights and who turned do ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/17/2005 1:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Try as I might I could not remember the poem idea that had formed at the beginning of today's adventure.
    My sons dared me to resurrect my spirit from the early sixties when I managed to get 92 jumps under my belt.
    Those were the old days, primitive equipment and you landed where the wind took you, more or less.
    So, the Adrenalin Jumpers wanted me to do a tandem, which I considered a grave insult but then I was a trifle tempted if I could choose my partner in crime.
    She weighed in at close to my total pre-Christmas weight and that was that. Too heavy.
    So, the decision was easier and I got my way.
    They did not want a high speed landing.
    Initial fear disappeared after first tumble and it was 4 1/2 minutes of pure bliss. I waved at all you peomhunters and wished you a merry Christmas from the clouds, so am repeating it here!
    The words that had formed for that perfect poem were lost though. Somewhere up there to be found perhaps next time.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year everyone.
    Best wishes
    H

• Richard George (12/17/2005 3:11:00 PM) Post reply

Very merry Christmas and a happy and productive New Year to you too, Herbert. I suffer from vertigo (my first collection was called 'Vertigo Swimming' after Lake Baikal) and the very idea of leaping ... more

• ***** ***** (12/17/2005 4:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Probably the adrenalin/endorphin high led you to a place of Nirvana.. hard to recreate that state dependency down here... ecstacy perhaps? .. but don´t quote me.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Jerry Hughes (12/16/2005 10:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I'D IMAGINE THE SITE OVERLOADING PROBLEMS WE HAD OF LATE WILL PROBABLY DOUBLE OVER THE WEEKEND. SO I'M GETTING IN EARLY TO WISH ALL OF YOU, INCLUDING MY DETRACTORS, THE COMPLIMENTS OF THE SEASON, AND EVERYTHING YOU'D WISH FOR YOURSELVES IN 2006. MAY YOUR GOD WALK WITH YOU, JERRY

• Rookie - 1st Stage Adryan Rotica (12/17/2005 2:18:00 PM) Post reply

MAY YOUR GOD WALK WITH YOU, JERRY~

• Rookie - 1st Stage Mary Nagy (12/17/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply

Happy Holidays (In however you choose to celebrate) ! I hope you and your family have a great season and happy, healthy New Year Jerry. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie - 1st Stage Michael Shepherd (12/17/2005 6:10:00 AM) Post reply

Speaking on behalf of the small band of your detractors who are simply damnably envious of your steady flow of heartfelt poems, which are happily highly appreciated on this site, as your place on the ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Declan McHenry (12/16/2005 7:37:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

Okay, I'm getting peeved now. I posted two pieces today and the first votes on both have been ones. How do I find out who this coward is?

• Rookie - 1st Stage Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 6:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

well time to feed my tits and do a bit of christmas shopping, Taxi oh no another
    Irish wheelbarrow

• Rookie - 1st Stage Joseph Daly (12/16/2005 7:39:00 PM) Post reply

Allan, I humbly wish to thank you for commenting on my Christmas poem. I feel honoured. I really do. Also thank you for providing me with this opportunity to plug it.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Michael Voorhis (12/16/2005 5:49:00 PM) Post reply

Have any of you read 'Rain' by the new member Austin Fisher? Thats the only poem up of his right now, but in my opinion its worth checking out.

• Rookie - 1st Stage ***** ***** (12/16/2005 4:56:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

thought for today:

As The Poems Go

as the poems go into the thousands you
    realize that you've created very
    little.

Charles Bukowski

• Rookie - 1st Stage Lori Boulard (12/16/2005 9:54:00 PM) Post reply

That's one of my favorites, from one of my favorites. He speaks the truth, even if you don't like hearing it! Thanks for reminding us, Sonja.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 5:08:00 PM) Post reply

Charles who, was he King of England or did he drink a lot

• Rookie - 1st Stage Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 3:03:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Has anybody come across a wheelbarrow with tits full of money it disappeared from outside my unit last night they were only small birds but there was a lot of money

• Rookie - 1st Stage ***** ***** (12/16/2005 6:51:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Allan, can´t you come up with some interesting or intelligent (intelligible) quips? When someone spits a retort back at me I hope for something more than 'well, she´s not as old as you, so there'. ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage ***** ***** (12/16/2005 4:59:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It wouldn´t surprise me if your woman did leave you.. especially if she read that 'interesting' recent poem about her. I´d sleep with one eye open my friend.. the old gal may come back in the middle o ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Mary Nagy (12/16/2005 8:36:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Any more word on your shipment Herbert? Last night I dreamt I received 3 anthology books in the mail. The inside shipping information was your information so I knew they were your ''missing'' books. I was in a panick because I just knew you would think I stole them on purpose and I didn't have the money to get them back in the mail to you right away. (A VERY STRESSFUL DREAM!) But, I do think Allan's poem about your missing books helped plant that in my head. Thanks! :)

• Rookie - 1st Stage Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/16/2005 5:09:00 PM) Post reply

The saga continues. Even though I have pointed out to them several times that they have taken my payment for 3 books and Express Int'l shipping they have no record. Now they are asking for a transact ... more

• Rookie - 1st Stage Michael Shepherd (12/16/2005 7:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

BTW, have we made a formal request for a free ad on the site from poemhunter mgt for the anthology? It would be good publicity for them, surely? They might even affect sales... and as the site gets onto Google anyway, could make some new connections...like Amazon etc.

Re Google - my memory's had a senior moment - one of us worked for Google, maybe some advice on this?

• Rookie - 1st Stage Herbert Nehrlich1 (12/16/2005 5:11:00 PM) Post reply

Have a look at the Lulu forum (their own site!) Michael and think again. I have been ordering books from Amazon for years and they are organised and work flawlessly. Best H

• Rookie - 1st Stage Allan James Saywell (12/16/2005 2:51:00 PM) Post reply

first it might be a good idea to put an add telling everyone there books wont disappear under the arm of a fellow with a thick money belt

[Hata Bildir]