Post more comments

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 7:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Lori - two minutes ago you had a posting here that you'd read lul and had a grasp of what they required... it's gone...second thoughts or cyberspooks?

Replies for this message:
    • Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 7:46:00 AM) Post reply

no, I think I'm cool w/it. But I also said I'd post a draft layout of the cover, and I have to do something else first, so I didn't want folks thinking I flaked so early in the process. I'll repost ... more

• Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I've jumped the gun... try this for size. On the other hand you may want something more informal. but I reckon PH deserves a big thankyou.

Some poems from some poets on Poemhunter.com

Poemhunter.com is just one jewel from the amazing treasure-house that is the world-wide-web. It is a poetry resource – going on 85,000 poems from 10,000 poets alive and dead,40,000 song lyrics,1,500 recording artists, and 65,000 quotations.

It opens its space to anyone who cares to post their poems, and within minutes you can read feedback from its world-wide online readership (be warned!) .

There is also a Forum where poets can discuss poetry and each other.
    Some of these poet-friends have got together to make this book for their friends and family. This is not an official publication, nor does it claim to be ‘the best of Poemhunter’ – just a representative sample, for your enjoyment.

But the poets here wish to express their heartfelt gratitude to Poemhunter and its founder, Efrem Teymur, for this unparalleled encouragement to them and many others, to have their voices heard, and to put poetry back in the public eye and ear, as one of the greatest achievements of mankind.

The copyright of the poems remains with the writers.

• Max Reif (11/6/2005 9:26:00 AM) Post reply

nicely! .... (I can always trust you guys to get up before me & have things already on the burner.)

• Mary Nagy (11/6/2005 8:17:00 AM) Post reply

I think this sounds wonderful Michael. I think it's nice to thank poemhunter.....this site is a Godsend for me and I'm sure many others, it's nice to think they'll know it!

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/6/2005 6:06:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I just LOVE P/H. Look at who's next to me......
    85 Mark Twain 6
    86 Herbert Nehrlich 1557
    87 Nizar Qabbani
    Best wishes
    H

• Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 6:02:00 AM) Post reply

I'd recommend that everyone reads that article on the home page about print-on-demand and related matters.
    Let's keep it simple. This is a bunch of poet-friends (well, this week...) who are putting out a self-selection of three poems each. Unofficial - no agenda. End of story. And the poems will speak for themselves - 'here are three of my poems I'd like you to read...'

If y'all want some sorta intro, however, I'm a quick write and I'll submit one for your approval. Just say the word and how many words... and I'm used to having my copy torn to bits by committee BTW...

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/6/2005 5:56:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I have posted a poem tonight about America (perhaps more about Americans) .
    I did not realise that I would be stepping on some toes, so I will delet it unless I hear that mainstream P/H does not feel the same way as the lone (anonymous) voice.
    Best wishes
    H

• Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 6:55:00 AM) Post reply

don't you dare. We had that discussion earlier about censoring ourselves for the sake of judgement. Poetry is, last I checked, free expression, and just because someone may not agree with a poem doe ... more

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/6/2005 5:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I will submit a new 'list' of poems (3) as soon as the logistics are presented. I do think Allan has a good point, this must be done right if it is to be done at all.
    I have had the pleasure of receiving suggestions about which of my poems I should submit, and I will follow her advice (mostly) since I cannot think of a a lovelier ally (Mahnaz excepted) than Mary Nagy.

So, if there is room, fine.
    Let me know.
    Best wishes and appreciative of the efforts,
    H

• Michael Shepherd (11/6/2005 5:30:00 AM) Post reply

I suggest that somewhere around Tuesday, Lori posts the list of who's 'in', to give us time to invite A FEW more that we feel ought to represent and be represented in 'Poemhunter' as a FIRST collection. And preferably in their real names?

• Allan James Saywell (11/6/2005 2:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

is this the idea of the management of poem hunter or some one who is in the YMCA WHY THE HURRY do you realize that a lot of work and organization should
    go into a project such as this it's not as easy as it looks you have to be
    professional if you are doing a project such as this this is not amature hour
    there are a lot of issues you have to address you dont just run in bull at a gate think about the word quality talk with people who are qualified to do the job

• Marcy Jarvis (11/5/2005 9:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Call for submissions: Forum poets are invited to submit three of their favorite poems along with a brief bio to Lori Boulard at her PH message box by Monday morning 8 a.m.(her time) to be included in the FIRST EVER (but hopefully more to come) POEMHUNTER anthology, to be released in November at lulu.com in time for the Holiday season. Thank you.

• Lori Boulard (11/6/2005 7:06:00 AM) Post reply

yep, I agree about Uriah. Of course, it wouldn't be the same w/o Raynette, Andrew K., John Kay, etc. etc. so if I don't hear from them today let's contact?

• Mary Nagy (11/6/2005 4:27:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Some people never visit the forum....Uriah Hamilton should be included (in my opinion) and he never visits here. I'd like to notify him if there still room.

• Marcy Jarvis (11/5/2005 9:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Lori,

Thank you for taking on the organization. You can start it as a word document but then it has to be put into a PDF file in order to submit it to lulu.com

I would simply suggest you go to the site and look at their tutorial...

There is no upfront cost to doing this. Only the cost of buying the actual product and shipping charges after the book is uploaded.

• Marcy Jarvis (11/5/2005 9:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

P.S. one of us should buy one copy first and be sure it is in order, (text on the right side of the page, etc.) so they can give the go-ahead for the rest of us to order our copies. :) Would y ... more

[Hata Bildir]