Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Allan James Saywell (11/27/2005 5:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

well bring it on i'm ready to defend my right as a human being i just love talking to twisted indaviduals we have had a lot on this site you never grow fond of them but they do make up the numbers

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Ernestine Northover (11/27/2005 2:39:00 PM) Post reply

Hi Allan, We love you lots, and I'm sure that list is very long indeed. Hands up those who like to be kind to each other and have fun here on PH, without people spoiling it for everyone. I'm glad to h ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/27/2005 11:09:00 AM) Post reply

That's not true Mr. Ttokuqin.....there are some people that are only here trying to make trouble and hurt other people. I wouldn't say I LIKE those people. I will say I like anyone that tries to say ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/27/2005 7:41:00 AM) Post reply

I'm very fond of Allan....yep, I think he's a pretty sweet guy and he's got a great sense of humor (which we all need) :) But I'm not twisted. Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Joy Vanderhelm (11/26/2005 7:08:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Finally, we get to move on. Anyone have anything else interesting? How about anything they read recently that is worth sharing?

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/26/2005 11:29:00 PM) Post reply

Movers and Pencilslingers: I have just gone through all poetry sites that I could find. We ARE lucky. Now could we make near perfection into perfection or is that an impossible dream? Best H

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/26/2005 6:54:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This forum needs some fresh air. All you (mostly) wonderful people, with special mention to the most comfortable people that I have ever had the pleasure to live among, the Americans, if you are wondering about the avian flu and the hype that surrounds it please read this:

http: //bmj.com/cgi/eletters/331/7527/1214#122414

It's not exactly poetry but it soothes.
    Best
    H

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/26/2005 9:11:00 PM) Post reply

Hey............I thought you said it would soothe? ? ? ? Uh, no it didn't! Very interesting though! :)

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/26/2005 12:40:00 PM) Post reply

Mahnaz, I just wrote a poem with you in mind called 'In the Pharmacy of Life' and I hope you will look at the photo link too because I think you and your kids might enjoy it. :)

• Rookie Joy Vanderhelm (11/26/2005 10:47:00 AM) Post reply

I think the best thing is to just ignore True American like Mahnaz said. That's the best way to best a bully, from my experience. I just read Rusty Daily for the first time. I heard about him from this forum and I'm glad because he's an original and insightful poet.

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/26/2005 10:26:00 AM) Post reply

Didn't somebody on here mention they had the ability to trace some # to tell where the posts were coming from? That would be interesting to see where True American is actually coming from.

• Rookie Joy Vanderhelm (11/26/2005 9:35:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, True American. Can I ask you something? Were your parents born here? How about your grandparents? I KNOW for a fact some family member in your past had to have migrated here because this country isn't that old. It's also supposed to be built on the ideals of tolerance and acceptance of those who have no place else to go and those looking to find a better life. This country started with foreigners, you moron. Even the Native Americans came from somewhere else. You realize that the only thing that breeds more hate and disruption and distrust of this country is ignorance and hatred of those things that we do not understand. If you aren't going to at least try to see another person's point of view, then shut the hell up.

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/26/2005 5:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

'ello, 'ello, what's all this? This Forum is for discussion of poetry. So name the poem (could it be mine, suggesting that Thanksgiving dates back to the First Eliminated Americans, huh?) and we'll discuss it. Self-criticism, be it personal or national, is the sign of maturity. There are those on this site who don't believe that George Bush is Jesus Christ, Moses, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln, or even Mohamed...or that the American Way Of Life is perfect in all details... it's called Democracy and Free Speech.

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/26/2005 7:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Declan, you're onto something...maybe it's my Icarus of America...I always secretly hoped it would raise some eyebrows. Maybe not offend, but beggars can't be choosers!

• Rookie Declan McHenry (11/26/2005 7:21:00 AM) Post reply

Dash! I had hoped it was my 'Wake Up Man! ' Yet True American (I'm guessing he means North) does say that the author is a she and apparently resident in the same country as True American.

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/26/2005 7:16:00 AM) Post reply

Yes, there are even AMERICANS on this site who don't believe it. Some believe instead that our country has potential, as long we don't keep saying everything's perfect when it isn't. I'm with you, Mic ... more

• Rookie Joseph Daly (11/26/2005 7:15:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Michael, I feel uneasy with this ... more

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/25/2005 6:35:00 PM) Post reply | Read 8 replies

I have a question I would love some opinions on........ What does everyone think about re-posting poems? If a poem was posted almost a year ago and never really received comments or anything is it ok to re-post it? I wondered but wasn't sure how it would be looked upon. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance. sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (11/25/2005 4:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Well my little joy if you read enough of my stuff you will not know me better you will be a little more unbalenced then you are now the only way to survive this crazy world is to be as silly as everyone else

• Rookie Joy Vanderhelm (11/25/2005 4:41:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Oh, I'm already unbalanced and can be quite silly at times. It makes life interesting. The world is crazy as can be, But, it makes no difference to me, ... more

[Hata Bildir]