Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • (B10Z ) (9/12/2005 2:30:00 PM) Post reply

This has nothing to do with poetry but oh well....does anyone besides me like the Astros?

• (B10Z ) (9/12/2005 1:22:00 PM) Post reply

Does anyone know how the poem of the day is selected?

• (B10Z ) (9/12/2005 12:43:00 PM) Post reply

I just wrote a new poem called The Root of the Heart. Feel free to write back and tell me what you think.

• Michael Shepherd (9/12/2005 10:45:00 AM) Post reply

Sherrie, please post your comment below as a poem posting; just as it is, or better, maybe, enjambed... the younger readers would love to read it, and the conclusion is totally right imho...

• Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 8:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

i love a story ask yourself, what does a poet look like, i was introduced
    as a poet to some people, a woman said you dont look like a poet i said, sorry
    but i have had a hard life so what does a poet look like does he OR SHE wear a bib and a little pair of pink panties and ride a white horse

Replies for this message:
    • Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (9/12/2005 9:45:00 AM) Post reply

if more female poets looked as voluptuous as you've described, Sherrie, i'd hit the Slams alot more often!

• Jerry Hughes (9/12/2005 1:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Allan, I'd give a weeks wages (if I were still working) , to see you in a bib, pink panties, and riding anything, including a horse. Wonderful imagination!

• Richard George (9/12/2005 12:31:00 AM) Post reply

I saw a cartoon in Private Eye in London years ago - little rich girl at a party says to neat, respectable-looking man 'How can you be a poet - you're not drunk! '

• Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 7:44:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I WANT TO SAY ONE THING REGARDING POLITICS, YOU THE PEOPLE OF AMERICA VOTED
    FOR YOUR PRESIDENT REGARDLESS OF THE ERRORS HE AND HIS PARTY MIGHT HAVE MADE IT WAS YOUR VOTE SO NOW SUPPORT YOUR PRESIDENT AND WORK TOGETHER AS A PEOPLE

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 7:19:00 PM) Post reply

Sherie you are right about the fact that as poets no one is going to say
    let me help you become a well known poet here is a couple of thousand dollars to promote your poetry it's not going to happen all we have is the ability to write poetry on a site such as poem hunter and hope that some people read it and say this person is a poet if you have talent people will recognise that talent the problem can be it is usually after death
    but if you are a genuine poet it will not matter just that your poetry
    will reach out and touch someone the bonus is that you can relate to people that are the same as you who come from all walks of life, different countries
    the biggest thing is sharing your love of poetry and have fun while doing it

• Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 6:14:00 PM) Post reply

sorry about that disappearing but i made a spelling error, sonja there are people who want to hear there poetry recited by a professional regardless of the fact of cost let it be said that i am not one of those people
    i did record my voice reciting poetry, some of my poetry and burnt it on cd
    and i might add it was a couple of years ago i did it because i wanted to save it for my children to listen to after i move on so it is not a new idea
    back in the fiftys in america you could record yourself in a studio singing
    then get it cut on acetone elvis did it for his mother, at a cost
    i did a backup copy of all my poetry on dvd just in case cyber space eats it up
    anyway how are you, can i be of service to you in anyway

• ***** ***** (9/11/2005 4:49:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

They will do the product but at a high price for the individual poet and with no ensuing profit or profile for the poet.

• Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 6:35:00 PM) Post reply

nothing is free Sonja if you want a profile you have to work hard promote yourself you might even have to dip your hand into your pocket and spend some money i know a woman poet who has a cupboard fu ... more

• Allan James Saywell (9/11/2005 4:42:00 PM) Post reply

poetry.com and the International Library of Poetry used to put poetry onto
    cd they did a the best international poets of 2002 they had a professional reader the poems were very professionaly done in a recording studio with
    music as a background they recorded one of my poems 'MIRROR MIRROR' YOU CAN
    dO YOUR OWN POETRY AT HOME with great results on cd all you need is a mike
    a burner and a clear voice make sure there is no dogs barking in the backgroud

[Hata Bildir]