Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Lori Boulard (11/7/2005 4:09:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

evening update, then I'm signing off for awhile:
    if we're OK with around 100-120 pages, we have ten additional poets, and those who really want 3 can keep them (yeah) . Some are happy with one or two, which makes the group more representative and includes as many as possible. I don't think size vs. cost here is a big issue; Marcy's estimate of around $10 seems reasonable. Are we OK with size? The fun part comes next, getting them together happily...

Replies for this message:
  • Rookie Max Renn (11/7/2005 1:43:00 PM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

if this list, gonna be a book is a family thing, a thing among friends, don't invite other members to submit their works.That is not fair..........

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/7/2005 12:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I think it should be said for ALL POEMHUNTER MEMBERS: lulu.com is how this book is going to be put together. ANYONE can do it. I heard about it but never checked because I thought there must be a catch or some big upfront cost but......there isn't. So, if anyone wants to make a book and have all their friends from Poemhunter (or just themself) ....this is a FREE thing that is open to EVERYONE. If you are a poet here that wants to have your poems in a book like the one that is being put together, there are step-by-step instructions on how to do it. (It looks pretty simple) . I'm saying this so anyone that feels they may have been overlooked can have a chance at participating in this (even if it's in a different book) . There is no 'rule' saying only one book can be published by people here. I hope there are many books put together by poemhunter users. What a nice collection that would be! Sincerely, Mary

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/7/2005 4:05:00 PM) Post reply

Exactly, Mary. I think it should stay with the original plan of three per poet.* Call it Volume I. If it gets real thick you can use it to tyake the wrinkles out of photos. Best H * (Don't fiddle ... more

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/7/2005 12:43:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

absolutely! And as I said before, there are SO many poets here - a truly impressive mix of people and poems - I hope we have many more collaborations in the future.

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/7/2005 10:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 10 replies

Phew. Thinking more clearly after coffee. Going on first come, first serve basis, with a few slots allowed for regulars, we have twenty poets so far w/three poems each, listed below. BEFORE YOU JUMP - THIS MAY NOT BE THE OFFICIAL LIST, PLEASE READ QUESTIONS FIRST!
    Questions:
    1) How long do we want this puppy to be? If we can add about ten more newbies, we'd have a really good mix of material and contributors from all over the world.
    2) Would any of the regulars who have already sent their 3 be willing to sacrifice one poem for someone else to have one poem in? Again, depending on how long we make it. I would be happy to as well.

Contributors SO FAR:
    Michael Shepard
    Sherrie GK
    Marcy Jarvis
    Herbert Neirlich
    Mary Nagy
    Max Reif
    Sally Clarke
    Lori Boulard
    David Nelson Bradsher
    John Kay
    Uriah Hamilton
    Tiffany Etter
    Nikhil Parekh
    Raynette Eitel
    Alice Vedral Rivera
    Mahnaz Zardoust-Ahari
    Ernestine Northover
    Peter Crowther
    Ulrike Gerbig
    Poetry Hound

There are still a slew of interested and deserving poets, so depending on questions 1 & 2 we have room to go. This is turning out to be really special!

• Rookie Lori Boulard (11/7/2005 8:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Oh, happy Monday. Morning report as follows:
    Good news: 76 emails between last night and this morning show just how wonderful this idea is...and how many people actually read the Forum/postings on our dear site.
    Bad news: ain't no way everybody can be included in the FIRST issue.
    Good news: I sincerely hope this leads to more coordination (I really am having a blast with this) and more pooling of talents in the future.
    As I sift through submissions, being fair to the regulars who really need to be represented as well as newbies brave enough to come forward, I'll make 'the list' (I hate that term) and post later on today. Now for some coffee..

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (11/7/2005 7:31:00 AM) Post reply

Guyzngals: Those of us who dreamed up this little solve-your-Christmas-presents-with-a-book lark, addressed to those who regularly chat on this Forum and know each other, cyberwise, are getting flak because we should either have kept it a secret (why wasn't I chosen...) or made it an official formal business of editorial board (why wasn't I chosen...) making a 'subjective' communal selection (why wasn't I chosen...) . The response has been far greater than we expected, often from people who have not joined in discussions here (such as they are...) .

Apologies if we have misled, forgotten the worthy, trodden on toes, failed to inform in time... Lori, who eventually volunteered for the hefty task of getting this onto paper with a limited space, had just a week spare... and who before Print-On-Demand heard of a book set up in a week?

So as Marcy said, this is open to all; and we all have our e-books anyway. So do the same thing with your poet friends; or we might do a more formal selection thing (not me, I'd run a mile from quality judgments) next year, OK?

PS I've posted this without referring to Lori, who's snowed under...
    Wish us luck.

• Rookie - 0 Points Lucy Burrow (11/7/2005 6:21:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Hello, I am new in these parts, I am blown away by some of the writers on this site. Since I joined a couple of weeks ago, I have tried to read a couple of peoples work each day, or at least a sample of it - and I always try to make constructive comments - I would love some feedback too, so if any of you could spare some time, and of course, I will take a peek at your stuff too.
    Regards, Lucy

• Rookie - 0 Points Lucy Burrow (11/7/2005 4:30:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you all for your responses, and for taking the time to read my poems, I will take on board all your comments, and take time to look at your stuff too. Regards, Lucy

• Rookie - 0 Points Mary Nagy (11/7/2005 6:27:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Lucy! I'll try to check out some of your poems in awhile.....(once I get to class I have some time to kill in the computer lab) . I look forward to it. :)

• Rookie Mary Nagy (11/7/2005 6:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Note to Lori: Just to mention, if you're 'copying and pasting' poems directly from this website, there will be problems with the quotation marks. (also the ''double p'') I have had this problem when I've pasted my poems from here to another place so I thought I'd mention it since I'm sure things are probably rolling along quickly. :)

• Rookie Herbert Nehrlich1 (11/7/2005 6:30:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Note to Lori from me: Would you keep us all informed about the steps as you take them and confirm (I know this will cost time) just prior to 'execution' meaning the point just before the point of no ... more

• Rookie - 150 Points Poetry Hound (11/7/2005 5:06:00 AM) Post reply | Read 5 replies

If Nikhil Parekh has not already submitted his 3 poems, I’d like to propose these ones of his:
    Immortally Overpowering
    Immortally Splashed
    More Immortally godly than ever before

If there happens to be room for 3 more, then include these:
    Loving you more immortally
    Our love would immortally conquer
    Supremely Immortal

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (11/7/2005 4:22:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I GET A GREAT DEAL OF PLEASURE READING TAI CHI ITALY SHE IS FROM ENGLAND WELL
    I THINK SHE WOULD ADD A LITTLE SOMETHING TO THE BOOK SO GIVE HER AN INVITE
    YOU CANT GO WRONG

• Rookie Marcy Jarvis (11/7/2005 5:00:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm hoping people will take the baton and run with it here. The Poemhunter UniVERSE isn't limited to one little old peapod... POD With Print On Demand You're at the command.

[Hata Bildir]