Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Ikazoboh Austine Jeffrey (10/15/2005 5:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

i eat poetry, i drink poetry, ilive poetry cause it teaches, it inspires, it educates, it opens doors. it is the write words in the write order.

Replies for this message:
  • Ikazoboh Austine Jeffrey (10/15/2005 4:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

i read a book that said poets are fools and fools are poets. since i was on the opposing side it resulted into a fight between myself and someone. what do you think?

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (10/15/2005 4:13:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

there will be some chinese people looking at the poem hunter site in the next couple of weeks, perusing the poetry on my recommendation makes me glad those little ditties i put on here regarding confucius says are gone i hope they are impressed with the work of various poets on poem hunter
    i have been offered an invitation to visit china of which i am well pleased

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/15/2005 6:35:00 AM) Post reply

Allan if you go we will have to co-ordinate things so we can meet at my brother's house. We will live next to the pantry and it is VERY unlikely that we will ever come back. H

• Sandra Osborne (10/15/2005 6:22:00 AM) Post reply

And you have one to visit the good? Ol USA Too! !

• Michael Shepherd (10/15/2005 5:11:00 AM) Post reply

Let a million flowers bloom.

• Poetry Hound (10/14/2005 10:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

The new Nobel Prize winner has only 6 poems on poemhunter. So here's another one.

Before They Fall

Before they fall
    The obese stars
    Dumb stones dumb lumps of light

Before they gasp before they

Before they gasp
    And spit out their last blood

Before they dropp before they

Before they drop
    In spikes of frozen fire

Before they choke before they

Before they choke
    In a last heartburn of stunk light

Let me say this

-Harold Pinter

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Max Reif (10/14/2005 8:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Who was the guy, again, whose poems are mostly about cheese?
    I love that idea! (and I love cheese!)

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/14/2005 9:08:00 AM) Post reply

Limburger, Brie Camembert.....in that order. H

• Poetry Hound (10/14/2005 9:01:00 AM) Post reply

There's also someone who only writes poems about smoking cigarettes. The cheese ones are better.

• allan james saywell (10/14/2005 7:22:00 AM) Post reply

I JUST RELAX ON THE BEACH ENJOY THE AUSTRALIAN SUN SHINE, SWIM IN THE WARM WATER
    ENJOY THE BEAUTIFUL YOUNG WOMAN THAT WE HAVE IN THIS GREAT COUNTRY GO BIKE RIDING WITH MY TWO CHILDREN, A SPOT OF FISHING IN THE TWEED RIVER FINISH THE DAY WITH A BARBECUE BESIDE THE OCEAN GENERALLY RELAX CHILL OUT

• Michael Shepherd (10/14/2005 4:24:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

It's a proud day for Brit Poetry today. Most of us didn't realise that Harold Pinter - new Nobel Laureate for his plays, and political statements perhaps -also wrote poetry. But overnight, there he is at 30 on the 500 poems list with his 'American Football' - which sets a new standard for laureated poets... and he's also there at 100 with a darkly humorous one which is a sidelight on the dialogue of his plays...he loves writing, and it shows.
    And Roger McGough has three poems up top, too; one of our four 'Liverpool Poets' with a touch of the Irish, sorta poetic Beatles.

• Poetry Hound (10/14/2005 5:17:00 AM) Post reply

Yes, you should be proud. Harold Pinter is a real talent. Remember discussing him on the other forum on areound p.21.

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (10/14/2005 4:20:00 AM) Post reply

Forget Rutherford, I am back.
    Last night when writing a message to the Jewel of The Main I was telling her I would need to shut off the computer due to a tropical storm approaching. Minutes later lightning struck and destroyed my modem.
    I just got back on a little while ago after many hours of effort.
    Lesson learned.
    To those who missed me (aside from JC) your patience has paid off.
    Best wishes
    H

• A.p. Sweet (10/13/2005 9:53:00 PM) Post reply

Everyone here has to read David Hock's stuff, it is really good.

• allan james saywell (10/13/2005 5:22:00 PM) Post reply

i'm a multi facetted poet with a diamond crusted edge well thats what my mother said

[Hata Bildir]