Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • ***** ***** (5/28/2005 6:35:00 PM) Post reply

My friend Baxter? ? Where on Earth did you get that from? I have never responded to him in fact I have not received a mail or (apart from a couple a long time ago) comment from him. I never mentioned him at all... where do you people get your memories from?

• kenneth william snow (5/28/2005 5:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I had the privelege of hearing W.D. Snodgrass speak at my son's commencement today. Mr. Snodgrass received an honorary degree from the University of Delaware, a school where he taught with distinction for fifteen years. He read a poem at the convocation for the English Department (my son received his Bachelor of Arts in English) . He has two poems on this site, one 'April Inventory' is a fascinating look at an aged man's view of the world around him. Though nearly eighty years old Mr. Snodgrass seemed as spry as the young graduates he addressed.

'April Inventory', An excellent poem and one worth checking out.
    Sincerely,
    Kenneth

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (5/28/2005 5:56:00 PM) Post reply

I agree, Snodgrass has a music I can hear.. an innocent, if bruised, beauty.. lovely stuff, thank you.

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 5:33:00 PM) Post reply

and I would hazard a guess, Allan, that Baxter is Nehrlich.. I think your little friend is playing games with you too, I'm afraid...

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 4:56:00 PM) Post reply

Who, I expect, will come back with some pseudo-intelligent and attempted high-brow response of being all morally high... but they are ultimately men in far away places with (undoubtedly) lonely wives or. more actually overworked palms.. nomatter.. is it not time we spoke about poetry here again some time soon?

• ***** ***** (5/28/2005 4:51:00 PM) Post reply

albert, even as a woman I am not surprised by this... we all know by now that AJS/HN/ and all of their aliases, sick men that they are, have... just HAVE to engender response.... it is getting so bad now that they have to use the worst shock tactics to get people to react. The actions of desperate and lonely fools.

• P.O.P. Erwin Baxter (5/28/2005 5:14:00 AM) Post reply

Allan Saywell accused me of being an anti-semite earlier this week after reading my epic poem 'PALESTINE'. Disgusting. I have clarified the matter further with my epic 2-part poem 'THE JEWISH QUESTION'. There can be no doubts as to my credibility
    with serious face
    erwin

• Robert Rorabeck (5/27/2005 11:02:00 PM) Post reply

everyone should check out postsecrets.com if they already havent

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (5/27/2005 7:31:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

No, the dean did not have a good laugh with you.Not at all.
    Perhaps a further insult from you may be forthcoming?
    I always say, job security above all.
    H

Replies for this message:
    • Poetry Hound (5/27/2005 8:54:00 PM) Post reply

Yet another unsubstantiated assertion from Nehrlich. Or should we call it wishful thinking? And a pathetic and ham-handed effort to get JC fired. All the dean has to do is look at who the charges are ... more

• Andrew Konisberg (5/27/2005 2:17:00 PM) Post reply

How does 'David K. Zvekic' keep getting his titles of his posted poems to appear in red? Check it out on the main page...I've asked David twice and he will not give anything away! The content is the most important thing, but it's a good gimmick.

• Andrew Konisberg (5/27/2005 1:49:00 PM) Post reply

David Bowie did a similar thing with lyrics circa 1970-1974. I'm not suggesting he is a luminary in the literary world, but he 'cuts & pastes' in the 'Ziggy Stardust' film and talks about the technique of arranging random fragments into something aesthetically pleasing. Just a thought. I liked the film 'Naked Lunch' but then again I liked the Cronenberg film 'Spider' which only about three people went to see at the cinema. The book is a tough read, I found the visuals an aid...sort of like a precursor, cinematically, to the kind of aspect Terry Gilliam tried to deploy in 'Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas'. I liked Hunter S. Thompson...a few weeks ago I listened to a 'lecture' he gave at some well-known American campus. He takes questions from the floor for an hour and avoids answering all but about three of the questions. He rambles on, very amusingly, about practically anything...cheerily rebuking audience members. Drugs mean nothing to me, but I am happy to experience them vicariously through a witty writer.I like Thompson's prose, it has its flaws but I nearly always find those flaws endearing.

[Hata Bildir]