Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/3/2014 1:54:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Plum, I find you very irritating.

Mandolyn, on the other hand, I find very refreshing. Exactly what this forum needs.

Replies for this message:
    • Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/3/2014 10:49:00 PM) Post reply

You may not know this, as you might be " white trash" , but calling someone gay is not insulting anymore. I am neither gay nor insulted by your " vitriol" (as your master is fond ... more

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Professor Plum (10/3/2014 9:10:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I find you very gay.

• Freshman - 1,095 Points Professor Plum (10/2/2014 10:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to join Senior Russian Dating.com. Maybe she'll come to Tibet with me. Can Monks have Russian girlfriends?

• Freshman - 1,095 Points Mandolyn ... (10/3/2014 12:18:00 AM) Post reply

Yes! Go grab a Russian doll and roulette her outta that communist country! (is that why I have a red bar, because I say stuff like that and don't care?)

• Freshman - 1,095 Points Professor Plum (10/2/2014 10:38:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I've just decided I'm going to be a Tibetan monk. I'm feeling SUPER religious! I'm hopping on a Red Eye tomorrow night to...somewhere over there. I'm bringing a 12 pack of IPA just in case they don't sell beer on Sunday. So long poemhumpers!

• Rookie - 431 Points Adam M. Snow (10/2/2014 9:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Just so everyone know, my faith will never change.. In a matter of fact, I'm actually working on being ordained. My faith has grown a whole lot stronger since the last few years. I hope to one day become a youth pastor. It's what I want to do. You can mock me, I don't care. I'm use to it, it comes with the job of being a Christian.

• Rookie - 431 Points John Westlake (10/3/2014 10:53:00 AM) Post reply

Sir. Though I know you not, I will not mock you for what you believe. One of the guys I used to play football with is a Christian and he tried to hide it from us. Of course we found out and he was ... more

• Rookie - 431 Points Professor Plum (10/3/2014 10:05:00 AM) Post reply

" I just want to make sure I understand you fully. You are saying that a person who believes in christ, his crucifixion, his resurrection, his walking on water, healing the sick with hand motions ... more

• Rookie - 431 Points Mandolyn ... (10/3/2014 1:01:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

stand firm Adam! I'm glad you handle the ridicule well. Most Christians I know will turn around and bash those who don't agree with them. I used to laugh when I was ridiculed, I'd ask if anyone wante ... more

• Rookie - 431 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 10:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I wish you only the best, Adam.

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 8:32:00 PM) Post reply

Sherrie Gonzalez to Mike Acker:
    " Sorry, Mike.....I was deleting all of my snarky comments...and I may have deleted some that weren't snarky....I will go back and put some comments on some of your other work....good constructive criticism...and NOT condescending comments, okay.

Respectfully,
    Sherrie"

" Mike, again, you may post your poems on our blog. I like this one....it's experimental and very good."

Charlie (November 11,2002- April 1,2079)

Good evening.

Only my wife and I are here tonight.
    Charlie's family, none of whom
    wanted to be here this evening,
    asked me to give the eulogy.

I didn't know Charlie very well,
    but the numbers are just coming in
    on the main screen and here we go:

Charlie consumed just over 25,000 tons of food,
    pissed away just under 70,000 gallons of urine,
    excreted just over 12,000 pounds of excrement,
    breathed just under 284,000,000 liters of air,
    fornicated just under 5,000 times,
    created just over 126,00 pounds of garbage,
    dirtied just under 2,000,000 gallons of water,
    and close to 150 trees were felled just for Charlie,
    not including this casket to my right.

He had no wife or children and at the time
    of his death had no friends. In short,
    Charlie died a lonely, and miserable SOB.
    Mike Acker

" Hey Mike...just a few suggestions...still all YOUR work....still think the last line needs more power....but you can fiddle with that. I don't know why it's not single spacing it...but I'm sure you can figure it out. This poem is deliciously mean. I love it."
    Lamont P. And His Fellow Mediocrities

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.
    The recurring theme of the 'plasti' poets.
    Thousands sitting in ill-fitting poetry sites,
    and vacuum-laden forums making
    hydrogenated-fatty comments broadcast
    through a dispassionate, torpid ether,
    or stuffed into serpentine fiber-optic cables
    emitting lard laden signals that slow down
    and clog ever-bored photons grudgingly carrying
    this vacuous data to burned out screens just
    to display sent, read, unread, dead messages.

Nothing really works, but the virile springs
    of keyboard letters, livelier than the words
    they form so well, morphing into flat,
    fat final locutions that reek of nothing, nothing, nothing.
    Empty shells of language used as currency
    to buy and sell the wasted moments of mediocrities.
    Self-congratulatory writing, good/bad writes,
    don't give up; the silent scream of
    the failed poets who, like the wingless birds
    flutter aimlessly on the ground unable
    to fathom what has happened.

Jump, jump is all they can do now,
    the closest thing to ascension,
    but that is OK, no one really cares.
    With the droppings from soaring giants
    on their heads, some feel empowered
    to keep going, the stink of guano
    is their accolade from these gods,
    high above. How could they see,
    how can they know, in this mass of chaos,
    confusion and conformity. Who gives a damn,
    a letter here, a word there; one massive
    self-obsessed mind talking to itself, incessantly.
    Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.
    Mike Acker

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 8:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Right off the top, you can have all the devout m@r@ns. The lamont palmers, dog8s, frank Ovids, frank Ryan Jrs, certainly the unattractive streaker, sherrie Kolb, and last but not least the completely insignificant mosquito, prof plum.

Interesting how those who dare express the main universal truth, loving Acker's poetry(that is) , are off your list. The two
    who come to mind are Johhn Gulsher and Peter Stavropoulos.

I would certainly like Jim Hogg, Jim Crawford, delilah, madolyn, and Alice to speak for themselves.

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Mandolyn ... (10/3/2014 1:04:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hi mike, you want me to speak for myself?are you handing me the torch? In the words of Matthew silver (YouTube him) Love is the answer Stop buying stuff!

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Alexander Rizzo (10/2/2014 9:39:00 PM) Post reply

I put them on a list of decent, serious members. theres nothing for them to say...except perhaps thank you

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Professor Plum (10/2/2014 9:32:00 PM) Post reply

Peter and Gulsher are in MY camp Acker. Lay off! And, for your information, Mandolyn and I are very friendly. She thinks I'm, " not too weird" . I took that as a compliment.

• Rookie - 50 Points Alexander Rizzo (10/2/2014 8:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

of course you can’t trust a list when the (crazed) list maker has the foolish audacity to place himself on it. laughable. this is the real list of people, who I have observed over my 6 months of haunting this forum, who are serious, thoughtful, decent and consistent members. they who don’t curse, call names, shout people down, disrupt, or cause trouble for other members. and they are all good poets who create interesting work, solid. this is what we need in the forum, more of these sober folks: not a camp. just good, serious people who love the discussion of literature, capiche

jim hogg,
    jim crawford
    dan reynolds
    lamont palmer
    madolyn
    dog8
    delilah
    frank Ovid
    frank Ryan Jr
    sherrie Kolb (when she’s being nice)
    alice rivera
    prof plum

trust me, that is the list that makes sense. none of the unbiased observers would argue with it. in fact, one can look back in the archives and see those very people engaging in intelligent, reasonable debate. Judge their behavior for yourselves and please peruse their poetry. they, by far, are the cream of the crop. John westlake and Adam, I see you being placed on this esteemed list very soon, just by virtue of the kindness and patience you’ve displayed in the forum your short time here. thanks.

• Rookie - 50 Points Jefferson Carter (10/5/2014 5:47:00 PM) Post reply

Lame-mont, you are so full of it! ! ! Stop pretending you're not Rizzo the risible.

• Rookie - 50 Points Gulsher John (10/2/2014 9:29:00 PM) Post reply

i like your list of sober, unbiased and of serious Folks....of course they all are always engaged in intellegent and decent debate. But very sad, there is no Professor Alexander Rizzo in the list... w ... more

• Rookie - 50 Points Professor Plum (10/2/2014 9:27:00 PM) Post reply

I am honored Mr. Rizzo!

• Rookie - 431 Points Adam M. Snow (10/2/2014 5:47:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

For all the wrong in the world, the fault is on man, not God.

• Rookie - 431 Points Gulsher John (10/3/2014 3:29:00 AM) Post reply

Adam i honestly advise you, keep ' Religion 'off the Forum, your Faith wouldn't help us, niether our Agnosticism, I dont know up to what standard/ level your 'Religious' understanding is but dear it w ... more

• Rookie - 431 Points John Westlake (10/2/2014 6:20:00 PM) Post reply

True

• Rookie - 431 Points Mandolyn ... (10/2/2014 5:51:00 PM) Post reply

I agree with that! wait what time is it? are there going to be circus animals at this party? the cookies?because i could totally go for some of those frosted cookies.

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 4:15:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Ok, here is what is becoming clear......

We seem to have 2 camps on here. I will call them the oppressed Palmer camp(OPC's) and the enlightened Carter camp(ECC) . The former is led by a jealous, immature and autocratic leader named Lament Palmer, while the latter is led by an enlightened, modernist and pro-active leader named Jefferson Carter.

Jefferson's background includes a Phd in English Literature along with at least 20 years of teaching creative writing.

Palmer's background lacks seriously in terms of any formal education in anything, along with lack of experience in teaching anything. And yet he claims to have been reading and writing poetry since the age of 13.

The enlightened camp includes:
    Jefferson Carter
    John Gulsher
    Mike Acker
    Peter Stavropolous(possibly independent)

The opressed camp includes:
    Lament Palmer(aka The Mediocrity, Big Bird and as of lately, Monty the Mule)
    Cherry Gonzales(aka The Unattractive Streaker and Cherry the Inconsistent)
    Adam Snow(poor Adam)
    Shifty Moriarty(aka Dotdash$#%%$)
    Scotty Dogg(Prof Plum) an insignificant, silly creature
    Alexander Rizzo(possibly aka Cherry Gonzales, , Lamont Palmer or Angie Gunnel)
    Frank Ovid(???)

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 9:18:00 PM) Post reply

Every camp should have it's mule

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Professor Plum (10/2/2014 7:21:00 PM) Post reply

I want my own camp. Anyone want to come with me?...well, let me rephrase that. So far it's Dog God 8hate and myself. Palmer says he might want to come with me. I told him I don't come with just anyb ... more

• Freshman - 1,247 Points Gulsher John (10/2/2014 5:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

hahaha... well said Miky... but who is this Mr Ovid?and u see the 'enlightened' often changes the course History.

• Rookie - 431 Points Adam M. Snow (10/2/2014 4:10:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

God's Not Dead
    Written by Adam M. Snow

God's not dead,
    I see Him all around;
    In the dawn of a new day,
    the vibrant colors across the sky.
    I see Him in the eyes of babes,
    the children laughing and playing.
    I see Him in the birds
    soaring across the open sky.
    I see Him in my own reflection
    looking back at me.
    I see Him in the sea, the deep blue sea.
    I see Him in the sunset,
    when the day has ended.
    I see Him when I am gazing at the night sky above.
    I see Him looking back at me.
    God's not dead,
    the fact that I still breathe
    and morning come,
    that's all the proof this poet needs.

• Rookie - 431 Points Mike Acker (10/2/2014 4:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Do you see him when children are raped and beheaded? Do you see him when a male lion kills all cubs of the male it has just supplanted? Do you see it in the suffering of blacks in South Africa for o ... more

• Rookie - 431 Points Mohammad Skati (10/2/2014 4:14:00 PM) Post reply

It's a very great poem. Yes, God is anywhere and everywhere. I will translate it later on. Great feelings and emotions. Thanks.

[Hata Bildir]