Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 11:39:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

This guy is obviously a bigoted, homo-phobic, racist bi-polar sob, but he can write poetry. I made myself read through some of his stuff and I hate to say this, but the guy is a very good poet. His writings are better and more exciting than any of the so-called elite here, like Lamont Palmer.
    My hat's off to you, Richard.

Replies for this message:
    • Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (7/28/2014 2:46:00 PM) Post reply

You are a better judge of poetry than I will ever be. On the other hand, going by instinct alone, he brings to mind Jackson Pollock. I feel there is an aesthetic touch to his writings. This is not ... more

• Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 11:13:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Oriental Man (as reply)

• Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 11:14:00 PM) Post reply

Oriental Man The monotony of these mountains seems to block in the green of this landscape, whose bored shores, which still dream of the touch of totalitarian tsunamis from long ago, accept ... more

• Yin Zhijia Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 9:48:00 PM) Post reply

Hi, I'm a critic of poetry. I have a question at mind, why there are so many journals called " review" , actually publish only creation, say, poems, not review, even " American Poetry Review" publish only poems, instead of review?How come???and A&HCI journals do the same thing, Puzzled! ! ! Why Why Why?

• Mike Acker Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 5:42:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

As insane and hateful as Dick Thripp is, he does write very interesting poetry. More exciting than anything I read by Lamont Palmer. He could even be a great poet, among Neo-Nazsi, that is.

Change
    (revised)

When the lofty creatures would descend,
    in all their splendor, he would load up
    his needs and thoughts, then stack, and shift
    around what should never be taken along.

Now, he grabs what he can of their in-
    digo feathers, and holds on for dear life.
    He simply soars on the backs of these mag-
    nificent birds and lets the rest of what

must be made, be made.

Mike Acker

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Gulsher John Rookie - 1st Stage (7/27/2014 6:58:00 AM) Post reply

IMF and the WB...
    Rabble of the filthy folks
    from different walks, roaring out in the streets:
    to be fed, clothed and for equall treat,
    but in the booms THEY forget, that social contract-
    signed with the HOAX, (that) their souls and freedom
    be cuffed and chained for pennies few and bucks.And
    (like Faustus vowed to lucifer) they have too, GIVEN IN their consent.
    Ah! I don't see your darkness will ever be dawned.

• Mandolyn ... Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage (7/27/2014 12:08:00 AM) Post reply

Popcorn?

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 9:07:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

So, Amberly Jane, a brand new troll, just emailed me about Adam Snow: " Why would you make fun of someone who is so much less fortunate than yourself?Adam is a young man who has had learning difficulties his entire life, and is diagnosed with Asperger's, lost his father and is burdened with religion - and you - with your intelligence, talent and good fortune continue to poke at him. You must be very bored, or perhaps you lack empathy?"

If this person is genuine and if what she says about Adam is true, all I can say is Adam is NOT his poetry. I hope his life improves. I REALLY hope he'd take advice from his betters and improve his poetry. Until then, I'll make fun of his verse, but not his issues.

Adam, did you write this? Not Lamont, I can't believe Lamont has morphed again. Even he has limits to being silly.

• Adam M. Snow Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 10:47:00 PM) Post reply

I did not email you. But most of what she said is true about my life, except about my religion. My religion is not my burden, it's a blessing. I don't know if you remember this, a while back ago, I po ... more

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 3:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Prof. Plum, sometimes you drive me to the brink of drink! ! Just because we're on your list doesn't make us competent poets! For Jezus' sake, you had me tied with Lamont, after all!

Snow's talent is not burgeoning. He may be trying to put his feelings down on paper the best way he knows how (that's a depressing definition of poetry if I've ever heard one!) , but he is not developing what talent he may have. He doesn't read enough (or any?) contemporary poetry, he doesn't take lit. classes or participate in a workshop, he doesn't accept advice from other writers, he doesn't study poetics. He just keeps writing poor poems again and again. One can't improve that way. The sonnet you praise is larded with sentimentality, distorted with weird syntax, at odds with the meter it tries to employ; in short, it sucks. BUT I'd encourage Adam if he'd have the humility and good sense to admit he needs help if he's ever going to write a good poem. Is that too much to ask?

• Professor Plum Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 9:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I enjoy reading both of you guys. The two of you are excellent wordsmiths. You both have poems that I've read over 20 times each. I see something new every time I reread them.

• Alexander Rizzo Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 8:58:00 PM) Post reply

your right about snows sonnet. he should keep away from them

• Lamont Palmer Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 7:30:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Frankly, Plum should've had me ahead of you, like on one other previous list. But with your puerile penchant for screaming, shouting and pounding the table, I give him credit for having the courage to ... more

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 1:17:00 PM) Post reply

Poemhumpers, please, please, please, read below the wonderful attempt at a sonnet by Adam Snow (Lamont Palmer) . It's a wonder of strangely warped syntax, goofy rhymes, and sappy emotion! My favorite line, which Snow-Palmer amazingly rhymes with " free, " is " the children's laughter flows in joyful spree." What genius! What spree!

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (7/26/2014 10:28:00 AM) Post reply

Which poem might this be, Erica?You wanna give us a hint?

[Hata Bildir]