Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 5:28:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Gerry the geriatric has been trying to contact me, he must be on my banned list which is a small list therefore he is not really jerry, but dont worry gerry has a black pajama belt his pajamas must be silk, jerry i told you you were a war monger now you have proven it, you violent little man, now dont annoy my friend herbert otherwise, i will give you a bloody good spanking

Replies for this message:
    • Michael Shepherd (5/14/2005 3:52:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Allan, how can you be so thick as to think Jerry a war-monger - when he hates war so much (war that is going on all over the world all the time) that as a peace-monger, he writes about it so movingly ... more

• Poetry Hound (5/13/2005 10:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I think this is a pretty good poem. It starts out as simply a descriptive poem, then the thing with the bear turns it into a fantasy. As a whole, once I get past the jarring image of a waltzing grizzly bear, it is light and dreamy and joyous.

Replies for this message:

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 8:06:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i have a couple of swelling berries sonja, would you like to pick them

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 8:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

has haute been on the funny weed, or is she simple, she has said the same thing three times, now dont be boring girl

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 8:01:00 AM) Post reply Stage

you have to laugh at sonjas choice of poets, i bet she reads the comics first when she reads the paper, oh i just love the boofheaded irish

• ***** ***** (5/13/2005 5:32:00 AM) Post reply Stage

another interesting post from earlier:

Our collective mantra: social exclusion, social exclusion, social exclusion....ohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 3:46:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i'v just had to repremand my brother for being to nice, i told him if your going
    to fire give them both barrels, that is what they used to do in the old westerns
    nice to see you back sandra, yes we burnt england

• Yotanka Drake (5/13/2005 3:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hello!
    I haven't been in this forum from a long time. Actually, I studie for my exam i pass this week.
    I have a question: what do you think about versification? It seems to be a little hard or do you simply need to let you to dive in the atmosphere of the poem?
    Yotanka

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 12:33:00 AM) Post reply Stage

is it neuman from seinfeld

• Michael Shepherd (5/12/2005 4:55:00 PM) Post reply Stage

A flip response would be, that category 1 is normal practice (and I would add, placing the work in a/the wider cultural context) - and that as the critic's ego/status increases, he starts to view it as progressively in the other three categories! Book cover gives the game away; 'LEAVIS on Milton'.

[Hata Bildir]