Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (5/7/2005 6:03:00 AM) Post reply Stage

This must be the most pathetic transl; ation of the East German thingy of all times. But then again, what does it matter when amateurs discuss it.
    Mark Fry, please feel free to post all my e-mails that I sent to you. I would also like to read them.
    I wonder why you took that one off, and where are your personal details?
    You wouldn't be afraid to face a judge now, would you?

Before I get through with you I think you will turn religious.

• Michael Shepherd (5/7/2005 5:51:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Posted with a groan: I mentioned that a newcomer, James Mills, would appreciate comment on his poems, as that is his reason for posting (unlike some) .
    What happened? He's been 'oned', without comment. One of 'Shepherd's sheep'?
    Then apologies, James. But comment without rating would still be appreciated.

• Michael Shepherd (5/7/2005 4:23:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Herbie baby, keep your anti-Semitic filth to the private message boxes, OK? Otherwise we might get the idea that you can hand it out but can't take it?

• ***** ***** (5/6/2005 11:58:00 PM) Post reply Stage

The people who are taking this site down (you know who) are not going to win. The writers of the world have informed us before science hit them, before Gallileo.. before Freud (don't listen to the fool) .. it really is the writers that people come back to for comfort, because we write about real and tangible issues... love, death, birth, emotion, blood, air, ... do I need to go on? DONT forget this.

• ***** ***** (5/6/2005 11:19:00 PM) Post reply Stage

It's a terrible pity that you couldn't accept my last offer of poetic grace Allan.. that is it. You are done in terms of my care for you or anything to do with your work. Don't you know that you are undoing yourself by alienating people who offer the leaf of peace... I tried.. once again and I don't know why

• Allan James Saywell (5/6/2005 9:57:00 PM) Post reply Stage

better to have sex then write about it sonja

• Allan James Saywell (5/6/2005 9:56:00 PM) Post reply Stage

sonja why do you keep on reading my poetry, are you in love with me or my
    poetry, you keep coming back, i must be like a magnet to you, and you gave me (
    2) WHICH IS BETTER THEN (1) , YES IT IS ME, WHAT DO YOU MEAN, PEOPLE THINK
    I'M THIS AND THAT WHO DO YOU THINK I AM SONJA

• ***** ***** (5/6/2005 8:31:00 PM) Post reply Stage

When I first did the rounds to get published.. publishers in Ireland recoiled in horror.. WHAT? A woman that writes about sex... never... but I found one wonderfully progressive publisher.. Lapwing in Belfast, who were prepared to wear their (and my) heart on their sleeve. It is ironic that poetry needs to break through walls seeing that it is poetry that is the ONLY tearer down of walls in the first place..

• ***** ***** (5/6/2005 7:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

It's not about what you SHOULD like because others do... it's about what you DO like.... that must be the rule. We try to like what the group likes to belong, but screw that... what you like is what works.

• ***** ***** (5/6/2005 7:33:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Bukowski is also not one of my favourites... I have many of his works but was not that moved... not really my style.. Sx

[Hata Bildir]