Post a message
  • mother baxter (5/15/2005 6:16:00 AM) Post reply

recipe for potatoes, put spuds in water cook till soft cool before eating
    can cook in jerry can if havn't got saucpan, have spuds will travel

• Allan James Saywell (5/14/2005 9:33:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

jerry big mistake in insinuating that i'm a liar, are you calling me one

Replies for this message:
  • Michael Shepherd (5/14/2005 11:05:00 AM) Post reply

JC - just reread my posting on 'How do Poets Thrive? ' The examples at the end were adduced in relation to the environment in which they thrive, not in relation to form and content...

• Michael Shepherd (5/14/2005 10:50:00 AM) Post reply

...and as a follow-up to yours, JC - form and content are so subtly related -when they're not disastrously divorced!
    Following a strict form for four years, the sonnet (remember it from fifty years ago hur hur?) , it produced unexpected content which may never have otherwise emerged; correspondingly, sometimes content demanded to stretch or break the form, i.e. say what needed to be said without restriction of rhyme, in the first quatrain, as blank verse...
    Ideally, content, in a poet who's learned from his own verse or that of others, will eventually dictate form? I don't know the history of outafashion e.e.cummings (how I used to hate that signature!) , but he must be an outstanding test case of this. I just began to read him last week or so, and to my surprise, felt freed by his example. I saw punctuation afresh...and I'd love to follow his refreshing of word-order in a sentence when it's valid to present the words in that order - but alas, I doubt if editors would be too keen. I hope I'm wrong. I did change the word order of the last stanza of one poem though, and was mightily pleased.

• Michael Shepherd (5/14/2005 8:47:00 AM) Post reply

Herby baby, how do you equate the first line of your message with the last line? And what the hell has your 'message' got to do with the business of this poetry site anyway? How about joining AJS and giving peace a chance?

• Poetry Hound (5/14/2005 8:34:00 AM) Post reply

I am always amused by the irony of unsubstanitated assertions being constantly put forward by someone in a profession like medicine which demands peer review and rigorous sustantiation of scientific findings. It comes as no surprise therefore, that such a person, unable to offer proof of any of his claims, let alone his supposed poetic prowess, is snubbed by others in his profession.

• Allan James Saywell (5/14/2005 6:48:00 AM) Post reply

hello boys and girls and others, peace brother i'm ready for another visit to the teepee the pipe is ready, i'm ready to bury the hatchet and become a peacfull man again, i forgive the english for there sins against me

• mother baxter (5/13/2005 8:49:00 PM) Post reply

haute why dont you chant somewhere else, with your airy little mantra

• mother baxter (5/13/2005 8:47:00 PM) Post reply

who is that other jerry, i thought i was the only jerry, it really gets up my english fur coat when another boy calls himself jerry

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 6:30:00 PM) Post reply

study poetry what are you talking about, you have the gift or you dont, i wrote my first poem at 35 year old, i have never studied poetry

[Hata Bildir]