Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • maggie signaigo (5/2/2005 7:40:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You speak unskillfully: or, if your knowledge be more, it is much darkened in your malice.

• Neil Francis Brooks (5/2/2005 2:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Herbie keep up the good work darling 548 BRILLIANT poems you are a genius! been up all night reading your poems.You really should get published your work so original and heartfelt, even tender at times so much wisdom commenting on religion, philosophy, Human nature you now have God like status sheer brilliance also like your dark humour too.Well done Herbie**

• Allan James Saywell (5/2/2005 2:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i just had a bowel movement and look what i have, a little maggie
    you almost sound like a man, a little green is showing around your mouth
    do you want me to wipe it for you.my little bum swipe

• maggie signaigo (5/1/2005 11:35:00 PM) Post reply Stage

When one writes poems as often as most others have bowel movements, one should not be surprised if the end result of both events is quite similar.

• maggie signaigo (5/1/2005 11:29:00 PM) Post reply Stage

[Thou] appeareth nothing to me but a foul and pestilent congregation of vapours.

• Allan James Saywell (5/1/2005 11:19:00 PM) Post reply Stage

happy birthday allan 900 little poems, oh i feel dizzy with excitement and joy
    all that raw emotion, dont worry girls and boys i feel i have too many quality control dictates that i should trim the poems that offend me, and they are there

• mother baxter (5/1/2005 9:25:00 PM) Post reply Stage

they say it can make you go blind, mister abbekka you had better check for hairy hands as well

• Robert Rorabeck (5/1/2005 9:09:00 PM) Post reply Stage

i perform my work orally to my girlfriend- I'me sure you've met her, Five Fingered Mary.

• mother baxter (5/1/2005 8:55:00 PM) Post reply Stage

amazing things happen, we now have siamese poets in the top 500 poets
    293 circus poets, have to be a couple of live poets not dead ones live ones

• Neil Francis Brooks (5/1/2005 2:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies Stage

I was wondering how many? poets here perform there work to a real audience or even go outside.

Replies for this message:
    • ***** ***** (5/2/2005 5:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I read often and find that it is a treat to be received well... however, many poets butcher their own work by shyness.. a strong poem can be ruined by a slight voice. I guess you either can or can't ... more

• Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler (5/2/2005 7:57:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i attend slams and readings constantly; i read at every opportunity. you never know what you'll get. one bloke i know once read his poems at various truck stops across the country in an ersatz hitch ... more

• maggie signaigo (5/1/2005 7:12:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I went outside once and learned that the words 'there and their' are entirely different words, and not at all interchangeable even though they sound alike when spoken aloud...

• Michael Shepherd (5/1/2005 3:02:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I expect Lamont and Jefferson do? Rich H ... more

[Hata Bildir]