Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 8:01:00 AM) Post reply

you have to laugh at sonjas choice of poets, i bet she reads the comics first when she reads the paper, oh i just love the boofheaded irish

• ***** ***** (5/13/2005 5:32:00 AM) Post reply

another interesting post from earlier:

Our collective mantra: social exclusion, social exclusion, social exclusion....ohhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 3:46:00 AM) Post reply

i'v just had to repremand my brother for being to nice, i told him if your going
    to fire give them both barrels, that is what they used to do in the old westerns
    nice to see you back sandra, yes we burnt england

• Yotanka Drake (5/13/2005 3:20:00 AM) Post reply

Hello!
    I haven't been in this forum from a long time. Actually, I studie for my exam i pass this week.
    I have a question: what do you think about versification? It seems to be a little hard or do you simply need to let you to dive in the atmosphere of the poem?
    Yotanka

• Allan James Saywell (5/13/2005 12:33:00 AM) Post reply

is it neuman from seinfeld

• Michael Shepherd (5/12/2005 4:55:00 PM) Post reply

A flip response would be, that category 1 is normal practice (and I would add, placing the work in a/the wider cultural context) - and that as the critic's ego/status increases, he starts to view it as progressively in the other three categories! Book cover gives the game away; 'LEAVIS on Milton'.

• Michael Shepherd (5/12/2005 1:21:00 PM) Post reply

The sense of the birth of a work, its caring, then 'casting out from the family nest' to live its own life, was common to Latin authors, on account of the pun, 'liber' for book and 'liber' for child. And who wrote 'Goe, littel booke...'?

• His Homeynence Sir Peckerwood Ali (5/12/2005 5:52:00 AM) Post reply

relax sherrie...His Homeynence is warming up and coming in to pitch the ninth...

• His Homeynence Sir Peckerwood Ali (5/12/2005 5:45:00 AM) Post reply

Messieurs Nehrdwell,

Take heed, and beware of all covetousness; for a man's life does not consist in the abundance of his possessions.
    Luke 12: 15

peck...peck

• Allan James Saywell (5/12/2005 5:15:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

you no how can you toothlessly praise the dead, when i find out i will write a poem about it, yes sonja it's in the poem

Replies for this message:
[Hata Bildir]