Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 6:22:00 AM) Post reply Stage

interesting linda, i cant spell either or a typing error which often happens to me, dont worry i'm just bored there is nobody interesting to converse with, the cream has gone, i have to drink my tea black

• ***** ***** (4/16/2005 6:21:00 AM) Post reply Stage

It is nice to share pleasant and intelligent discourse here. I have really enjoyed what all of you have shared over the past couple of days and have learned of some poets that I have not had the pleasure of reading before. This site has helped me to grow not only in writing but in my general knowledge of the creative form. Thank you all and I hope we can do this for a long time yet. Sx

• Linda Preston (4/16/2005 6:11:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Happened again - interesting

• Linda Preston (4/16/2005 6:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Thanks, Allan - for pointing out my typing error - your comments about the rest of the post would have been more intereting though. xxx

• ***** ***** (4/16/2005 5:58:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Michael, [as per your comment on prose writing] I have worked in the journalistic field for a time (until this month in fact - but got damn tired of the frantic and what seemed the voyeuristic aspects of documenting death - not designed for that) and so your comment about prose and using that journalistic style is noted. It hasn't helped me up to now, but then I wasn't using the 'media nodule' of my brain when in creative writing mode. I will try it out on my prose and see.. if I fall into a parsimonious hole I can't get out of you will give me a hand won't you.. wink, Sxx

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 5:19:00 AM) Post reply Stage

she must of had problem with her english, or she used the old english like me
    you have to play games to appear supperior, almost make me laugh
    so i write haiku for you

• ***** ***** (4/16/2005 5:17:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Spot on as ever, Michael, Sx

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 5:11:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

i must inform the forum that herbert Nehrlich, ratings have gone through the roof
    you must all be pleased for your fellow poet

Replies for this message:
  • Michael Shepherd (4/16/2005 5:09:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I like 'menance' as a Plath word, Linda. Evokes men, menace and penance. Spot on.

• Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 4:29:00 AM) Post reply Stage

i think you meant menace, you have spelled it wrong SPELL CHECK HASSLER

[Hata Bildir]