Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • mother baxter (4/15/2005 3:38:00 AM) Post reply

velmar that peanut mark fizzel or whoever you like to call him the ten poem wonder, he might be able to explain, it happens to me all the time

• Velmar Pewee Hale Johnson (4/15/2005 3:09:00 AM) Post reply

Everyone can rest assure that no one has been banned by, or because of anyone else. The site is screwed up. When you type a poem, comment, or what have you, sometimes you will get a request to login again. Do the login, then use your back button, and click till you come back to your poem, or comment, then click submit, and it will go through. This happens to me all the time.

• Robert Rorabeck (4/15/2005 1:23:00 AM) Post reply

What percentage of poems, do you think, are created through nostalgia? And how important is nostalgia in the poetic process, if at all? I say this because it seems to have a very strong effect on why I write poetry- I continually find myself getting lost in the past and idolizing it. Tonight I spent a good deal of time looking up old classmates on the internet and feeling very distant from everything and looking for contact; but don't most people simply forget and move on? Are there any really good poems out there which seem to focus on nostalgia?

• Robert Rorabeck (4/14/2005 3:00:00 PM) Post reply

I actually have to say thanks to PH for mentioning Pinter in the discussions- I read his stuff and really liked it- Ordered his 100 Poems by 100 Poets book off ebay- can't wait to read it- Find it interesting that the few works he has on Poemhunter, overall, are not rated highly.

• Poetry Hound (4/14/2005 11:36:00 AM) Post reply

In the other forum I just reposted the August Kleinzaler poem that Adam posted a couple of days ago. I really like it but could use some help figuring out the final stanza.

• Allan James Saywell (4/14/2005 8:05:00 AM) Post reply

sonja i have closed my email box to you and i dont want your comments on my poems, as i dont value your comments i dont read your poems so keep out of
    mine, what religeon i am is my business, do you understand

• Linda Preston (4/14/2005 7:56:00 AM) Post reply

I've been having fun poetry hound but really really must go now - work to do. I'll catch 'the ego has landed' later.

• Linda Preston (4/14/2005 7:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Sonja, I am not shouting. I'm typing very quietly dear.

Replies for this message:
  • Linda Preston (4/14/2005 7:53:00 AM) Post reply

Oh, it's very personal Sherreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Every time your speak you show the others just exactly who you are.

• ***** ***** (4/14/2005 7:49:00 AM) Post reply

I tried to respond to Linda's earlier comment but was kicked out from doing so.. thus am forced to say it this way.. it is sad that Linda has resorted to shouting, having run out of sensible debate material.. shouting is the action of an empty mind. Linda? Is that.... you.. Allan?

[Hata Bildir]