Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Allan James Saywell (4/21/2005 8:28:00 AM) Post reply

question how does a poem lose 8 points in fifteen minutes, while you are staring at it, there is a strong pepper mint smell, did sherie give birth to herself

• Robert Rorabeck (4/21/2005 8:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Poetry Hound complimented my aunt who posted the other day- she's a very good poet (otherwise Poetry Hound would not have complimented her, surely) - Any guesses on who she might be- She only has a couple of poems up right now :)

Replies for this message:
  • Nobody Dude (4/21/2005 12:53:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I'm new fairly new at this website and it's 'scoring', and so I suppose I want to offer what some of you call a 'challenge'...if one must score a poem less than a 7 or 8, how about writing a comment to suggest improvements (or at least give a reason) ?

• ***** ***** (4/21/2005 7:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Yes, Rachel, we have all made a statement in one form or another about that damned rating system, and indeed about that damned top500 list, which seems to create monsters in a quest to better even the ... more

• Nobody Dude (4/21/2005 12:04:00 AM) Post reply

Perhaps the home is just simple, comfortable, known...unless one has no home. This is my first time on the forum, and I'd like to suggest a poem to be read...'The Traveling Onion' by Naomi Shihab Nye...in which the trivial becomes the profound.

• ***** ***** (4/20/2005 8:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

As I sit in the comfort of my own home... I wonder on another possible challenge... what does 'home' mean to the poet? Pain, history, reconciliation, stasis, happiness or sadness? Another poetry challenge perhaps. What is this 'home' we live in, or perhaps cannot return to?

• Allan James Saywell (4/20/2005 7:47:00 PM) Post reply

well sonja go home

• ***** ***** (4/20/2005 7:16:00 PM) Post reply

There is a time in the day when this 'Poetics and Poetry Discussion' forum lives up to its formidable name and does what it says on the tin, but then the moon rises and many fools come out of the shadows.

• Allan James Saywell (4/20/2005 7:10:00 PM) Post reply

mark i do know a place where you might be able to get a few tips on
    cummunication skills, they teach you how to better relate to people
    england could have used the same school, i bet you were a problem child
    you could have been a good influence on england, or was he boss of the british connection, you are a right royal little dummy spitter and i am growing tired of your immaturity and lack of sense of humour

• Allan James Saywell (4/20/2005 6:26:00 PM) Post reply

did you say your name was mark fritz

• Allan James Saywell (4/20/2005 6:18:00 PM) Post reply

sorry i cant stay my roast sheep testicals are ready, i will garnish them
    with a few pickled onions

[Hata Bildir]