Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Janice M Pickett (4/7/2005 3:55:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

OH MY GOODNESS! ! !
    I just stopped by to see if things had changed here since I left. but obviously it's still an ego filled place for children to play. Well I shall go back to a site that is more mature and has NO behaviour like I have seen here. Wow Sherrie or whatever your name is.....you play it for the limelight don't you. I never did understand people who enjoyed coming across as a bitch. You are so full of yourself girl. Get over it all of you and GROW UP.
    Oh well I have had my say. Now I shall go back and join the adults at my new site. I have enough of children at home.

Replies for this message:
    • Poetry Hound (4/7/2005 7:02:00 PM) Post reply

You mean you're retreating to Ego-Palace? This is not just another idle threat? Really throwing in the towel this time? Well, all I can say is, I hope your Ego-Palace has super wide doors in order to ... more

To read all of 4 replies click here
  • Ulrike Gerbig (4/7/2005 12:34:00 PM) Post reply

okay, folks, you finally saw my point!

i am glad!

u.

• Ulrike Gerbig (4/7/2005 12:32:00 PM) Post reply

of course i posted my poems....

that was not my point!

u.

• Solitary Man (4/7/2005 12:30:00 PM) Post reply

I sincerely apologize for giving Mr. Neverhadalife a platform. I have only been a member for one week, and was rather disgusted by the aforementioned's behaviour. I am over it now. I want to talk about Sherrie.

• Ulrike Gerbig (4/7/2005 12:20:00 PM) Post reply

good for you sherrie, but i think others, who have been here longer might know what i mean....

ulrike

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/7/2005 8:41:00 AM) Post reply

Neither you Newton nor P-H would have the intelligence or the physical attributes to do any kicking or anything else a normal human is capable of.
    I don't know what you are doing here, you are obviously too stupid to be accepted anywhere else.
    Since you are clearly unable to even understand the meaning of a poem (much less write one) it is the envy that hangs around you like a bad stench.
    Perhaps one idiot is not enough P-H, get a few more so you don't feel so alone.
    That's what happens if you are way out of your league and can't mix it with the big boys.
    It is regrettable that this forum is being misused this way but you can't have exterminators on every streetcorner.
    H

• Poetry Hound (4/7/2005 7:37:00 AM) Post reply

Herbert, your comments remind me of Stanislaw J. Lec's remark: 'Every now and then you meet someone whose ignorance is encyclopedic.' Here is my point in simplified English so that you'll maybe understand it: Your poem “A Friend Is...“ makes you look very self-centered. Your ideal friend appears to be someone who does this for you, does that for you, and you don’t have to do anything for them. In other words, your ideal friend is someone who behaves like a servant.

• Poetry Hound (4/7/2005 5:40:00 AM) Post reply

Thanks Herbert, for complimenting me on my distillation of your poem 'A Friend Is...'. I agree that I was able to capture the self-serving essence of it - that for you, a friend is basically a servant.

• ***** ***** (4/6/2005 7:03:00 PM) Post reply

prompted, rather

• ***** ***** (4/6/2005 7:01:00 PM) Post reply

This is the problem with the challenge I promted.. how DO you write a poem backwards.. let me amend the challenge.. take a well known poem and imagine how you could write it backwards. I have tried to write a poem backwards, but I have fallen into the forward-thinking trap of our Western scriptoral format. We seem to think in terms of 'word forward' so it is difficult to write a line backward without thinking of its 'forward' form first. So, take a poem and read it. Then try to write that poem backwards from memory.. that's probably a little easier than from scratch. Sxx

[Hata Bildir]