Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 4:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Perhaps we could go back to talking about 'doggerel' poetry? ?

Just a suggestion, as a last result of course!

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 4:18:00 AM) Post reply Stage

We're not back on this old borring subject again are we? And just when I thought we'd all agreed and moved on!

Dissapointed
    SG

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/28/2005 4:09:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi You Nice People!

All of my poems have been marked down by multiples of 'one '.
    If everyone here wants to stay in an environment like this so be it.

Are you guys real or just strange imitations?
    H

Herbert Nehrlich User Rating:

144.6 /150(votes)

Hi You Nice People!

All of my poems have been marked down by multiples of 'one '.
    If everyone here wants to stay in an environment like this so be it.

Are you guys real or just strange imitations?
    H

Herbert Nehrlich User Rating:

144.6 /150(votes)

Sample only

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/28/2005 4:04:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Following a brief but productive communication between myself and a trusted teacher, deceased in 1990, I have been given the following advice:
    Act as if the grades given on P/H are those that you received in school, some years ago.
    Thus:
    One....Superior
    Two....Good
    Three..Average
    Four...Below Average
    Five...Unsatisfactory

Sandra, will you join me?
    Also I have been told by the ghost of one of my Aunts that cutting and pasting our poems works well and one can change the numerical rating as one sees fit.
    I have sent some overseas now with ratings ranging from 15.2 t0 155.9
    Works for me!
    H

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 3:56:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Sandra, I do not believe I have read any of your work as yet. However, you have certainly now obtained my attention and I will be looking at it soon. I will give you my honest oppinion. I am sure it is not bad. Don't let people or their comments get you down. We are all artists.

Kind regards
    SG

• Sandra Osborne (3/28/2005 3:39:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I am asking politely, again, for those of you who are attacking me to please stop. If you don't like my poetry and if indead my last two poems deserved some 10 ones each, fine. Please just tell me why my poetry is so bad, that is all I ask. Else, if you hate it that bad, why do you continue to read it? Of course I beleve that you don't reat it, just assign ones. You should be happy that you have really destroyed my desire to write. I was writing 2 or 3 poems a day, now it's 2 or 3 a week. All that poetry that would have been written is gone forever. The Trolls see this as a good thing. What I don't understand is all the others here who are indefferent to that. If you're inspiration and desire to write was damaged or destroyed it would bother me greatly. Anyway, please respect my whishes and stop this undeserved attack on my work, or please explain why I seem to be the worst poet here. Thank You.

• Scarborough Gypsy (3/28/2005 3:20:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Ning tang, ning tang, ning tang, ning tang, ning tang, niggely aye hurd, ning tang, ning tang, ning tang, niggely aye hurd, niggely aye hurd!

Love your taste in comedy Jerry. I once saw an interview with Spike Milligan and the interviewer asked him what he would like written on his grave stone. Spike replied 'I told you I didn't feel well'!

You made an excellent point by the was. So glad you joined the discussion today.

• Sylvia Spencer (3/28/2005 2:03:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Dear all at the Forum! thanks for chatting about 'Doggerel' best thanks to Gypsy for her comments.Herbert maybe you see the new era coming, because I know that you understand that what ever poetry is written be it good or bad, and what ever critiasm you give it comes from the heart.
    Poetry Hound pray tell me what poetry you like, you never say a good word about anyone, but who cares. You read poetry for a purpose, because you like it. I like Doggeral so what the heck! I get the feeling here that someone is on a special High Fibre Diet. Sometimes I canot understand a word you say. Maybe it's because you use too bigger words, for a poor dislexic person like me to understand, when your doing your remarks. Then may I make a surggestion, try lowering the tone a bit it might come in handy. There is an old saying that I greatly believe in 'Every dog has it's Day!

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (3/27/2005 8:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Ali, now you have convinced me to read the poem the second time.
    It is STILL good!
    H

Replies for this message:
  • Candice Williams (3/27/2005 6:50:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

'A Dialogue Between The Soul And Body'
    If you have not read this poem by Andrew Marvell-You should...This poem never fails to ellicit (sp?) a smile from my -dreary sometimes weary- mind. ^_^

'O Who shall, from this Dungeon, raise
    A Soul inslav'd so many wayes? ..'

Replies for this message:
[Hata Bildir]