Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • ***** ***** (4/6/2005 7:03:00 PM) Post reply

prompted, rather

• ***** ***** (4/6/2005 7:01:00 PM) Post reply

This is the problem with the challenge I promted.. how DO you write a poem backwards.. let me amend the challenge.. take a well known poem and imagine how you could write it backwards. I have tried to write a poem backwards, but I have fallen into the forward-thinking trap of our Western scriptoral format. We seem to think in terms of 'word forward' so it is difficult to write a line backward without thinking of its 'forward' form first. So, take a poem and read it. Then try to write that poem backwards from memory.. that's probably a little easier than from scratch. Sxx

• Solitary Man (4/6/2005 5:03:00 PM) Post reply

It was a response to a comment Sherrie made earlier (in jest) and I was merely continuing Sherrie's warm sense of humour. I believe Sherrie knows my writing well enough to see that. The poem was incidental to the comment. Do not assume that I assume, Mr. Saywell.

• Allan James Saywell (4/6/2005 4:57:00 PM) Post reply

The poem 'buck naked' is about people who assume, the role of female
    and getting in the mind of all the guys, it is not about about sherie whats her
    name gobbles, read the poem before you assume something mr fry

Warm regards ever boady

• Janice M Pickett (4/6/2005 2:31:00 PM) Post reply

Actually PH has written quite a few rhymes and some really good dogerrel in the past. I think he has more talent than he lets on.

• Clark Keeler (4/6/2005 1:53:00 PM) Post reply

how's it going everyone? im a new member... so i'm definately open for any kind of criticism... maybe ill hear from you soon.

• Poetry Hound (4/6/2005 11:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I've been inspired to write a little poem. Here it is:

A Servant Is...

A friend is someone on his knees
    For my own sake and just to please.
    He answers to my every whim
    And I do nothing back for him.
    Oh how he works, his back will break
    Cause all I do is take and take
    His views of things I never hear
    I'm busy looking in the mirror

Replies for this message:

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Herbert Nehrlich1 (4/6/2005 7:17:00 AM) Post reply

What's a Friederich?
    H

• Scarborough Gypsy (4/6/2005 5:27:00 AM) Post reply

Hi Adam,

I think the most straight forward way is to click on 'Home'. Click on 'Submit New Poem'. That will bring up a list of options. Choose 'Edit Pictures' and that will take you to another window that allows you to add photo's. Cool hey? I tried but I only have really big photo's of me! !

Cheers
    Gyp's

• Scarborough Gypsy (4/6/2005 4:33:00 AM) Post reply

Hi everyone,

Can anyone identify who that picture is really of, that is posted next to the Biography of R.C Abbekka? ? I mean, it's not really him is it?

Blonde/cute/dense
    Gypsy

[Hata Bildir]