Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/17/2005 5:51:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

neither do i read herbert Nehrlich you will enjoy, it is his real name
    unlike most of the poets

• Rookie Michael Shepherd (4/17/2005 5:23:00 AM) Post reply

Serafina, although you say you trust no-one, the list of 500 on the home page extension tells you the poets who are actually read today. Though I must warn you that certain living poets have a way of boosting their position on that table. As you will soon realise when you read their poetry.
    The list of the currently favourite 500 poems, however, is a rather better guide, at least as far as the first 250 - being less subject to tampering.
    Enjoy!

• Rookie Neil Francis Brooks (4/17/2005 2:03:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I was wondering has anyone read or even heard any words of JOHN COOPER CLARKE.

Replies for this message:
    • Rookie Michael Shepherd (4/17/2005 5:15:00 AM) Post reply

Neil, the name was familiar in earlier years as having a certain reputation but beyond that I, maddeningly, can't remember anything more. Google? Phone/email Poetry Society's librarian?

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/17/2005 12:29:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

do the english love the frogs we we, i dont think so remember, ' napoleon'

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 4:58:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

not many poets in the corridor this morning, you dont have to worry i just gave england a trankquilliser, he will be sound asleep in a couple of minutes
    where do you find these people, what sort of places do you hang out in
    i'm glad i'm not educated, oh dear what do we do with him, it must be embarrising
    sorry about the spelling, i'm a little sleepy this morning, oh well must have some roast snake it is sunday in Australia the lucky country

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie Michael Shepherd (4/16/2005 4:57:00 PM) Post reply

Mark, the wallpaper in question is quoted as having said 'eh bien mes chers, il y a toujours a tous les vies un plus grand dessin ' ('there's a greater pattern to every life...')

• Rookie - 150 Points Poetry Hound (4/16/2005 4:39:00 PM) Post reply

Check out the poems of Richard George here on poemhunter He posted two nice ones today.

• Rookie Linda Preston (4/16/2005 4:32:00 PM) Post reply

I've been of the opinion lately that a few of Larkin's poem's (i.e. Nothing to Be Said' has similar themes to Under Milkwood) speak to Dylan Thomas' work - though I haven't read he was influenced by his work.

• Rookie Allan James Saywell (4/16/2005 4:32:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

everytime i write a poem, a wart seems to grow in the comment section
    and it is a bad wart bad poetry, but i suppose we do have people with really tiny brains in the world, who would actually read it, the author of the wartish poetry is a very sick person he doesn't know this because he is not thinking that clearly at the moment, when i saw it i wasn't surprised or amazed
    not even amused, fans sometimes become erratic so i must live with it

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Rookie Linda Preston (4/16/2005 3:58:00 PM) Post reply

Dylan Thomas' reported last words - 'After 39 years, this is all I've done' It looks like there isn't much hope for the rest of us!

[Hata Bildir]