and dis my hat

.....is their anybody out their.....

I was just bored gtg bye

Replies for this message:
  • Dan Reynolds (5/10/2014 6:36:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Despite the obvious influx of senseless knob-jockeys,
    I will not be leaving.
    The pathetic attempts to attack the usual suspects,
    is suspicious enough to devalue their effect.
    The content and historical knowledge gives away the possible identities of the trolls,
    as most of the original postings were regularly deleted by the attackee

Now,
    any ideas on how we could resume discussions on Poetry?.

• Jefferson Carter (5/10/2014 3:21:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Hey, PHers, in case you've forgotten, because of all the raving a**hole trolls on the forum, what a stimulating, adult conversation about poetic matters sounds like, here's a recent exchange I had with a friend on FB. We on PH could do this too, don't you think?

Mark Weiss: Jefferson, I don't mind your quirk about this (defining poetry vs. prose) . Myself, that the edges of written modes are blurry doesn't keep me up nights.

Mark Weiss: But it (defining poetry and prose) does seem like a rear-guard action. Arabs also distinguish between poetry and prose.

Jefferson Carter: Mark, I'm not beating a dead horse here. I'd like to KNOW, for my own curiosity, how Arab writers would distinguish prose from poetry. Do you know?

I don't mind those blurry edges either; I just don't want to hear any more " critics" blurt " THAT'S NOT A POEM, that's prose! " Or hear another attack on the poets Philip Levine or Stephen Dunn for writing " prose, not poetry."

Mark Weiss: Classical Arabic poetry is rigidly metered and rhymed. Rhymed prose is rhymed at the end of sentences. Here's a great site for classical Arabic poetry. Click on a poet and you get a recording. You can also see a translation. It; s clearly rhymed and metered. https: //www.princeton.edu/~arabic/poetry/

• Thenameless Poet (5/10/2014 4:36:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Hi my new poetic pals. Im, as you can probably tell, new to the website and all. Im TheNameless Poet and cant wait to see opions on my work, Ive been itching to see what opinions and perspectives on my pieces you'll scratch up.....see what i did there?anyway hope they'll be good and if i happen to share my opinion/perspective with you I hope it helps your career/hobby/lifestyle in poetry.

Have fun and write!

• Frank Ovid (5/9/2014 1:31:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Rizzo, I'll respond up here so it doesn't get deleted. I see Delilah's work as I would an abstract painter's, only she works with words, not oils and a canvas. (She may not agree, which is fine) , but I think that's how one should approach her poetry.You have your realists (Carter, Hogg, etc.) and then you have your impressionists (Delilah, Dog God 8ate, etc.) . All are very good at their own styles.

• Julianna A. Laplante (5/9/2014 11:35:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Bonjour! I just made my first French poem! It's pretty cool... I've never made a French poem before: P Just proud! You should check it out. I check out anyone who asks me too :)

• Thenameless Poet (5/10/2014 4:40:00 AM) Post reply Stage

hehe, i cant read french but ill try to read it if you read one of my poems haha

• Kathleen Neff (5/9/2014 10:37:00 AM) Post reply | Read 4 replies Stage

Omg, what has happened to this site?It seems to have turned into a place where people are just cruel, rude and mean to each other. There are only a few people its seems that are nice. What happened?O.O?!

Kathleen

• delilah contrapunctal (5/8/2014 6:19:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

so...if to play with yourself publicly has been your dream, it must now be realized....
    you have your own site, peopled by you....
    poor critter....when you find yourself too obnoxious to be around, at all, just as we here have done, will the rest of the " you- crew" mutiny and kill the head...and that'll be that?

To read all of 1 replies click here
  • Mike Acker (5/7/2014 4:26:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies Stage

" Most people ignore most poetry because most poetry ignores most people." - Adrian Mitchell

• -. - . _. (5/8/2014 7:06:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Mike Acker (5/7/2014 4: 26: 00 PM) Post reply " Most people would like to ignore Mike Acker if only Mike Acker would ignore them." – Most People

• Mike Acker (5/7/2014 7:24:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

I have made a promise to someone I respect that I will not respond to A$$$$h0les like you, anymore.

• Frank Ovid (5/7/2014 7:16:00 PM) Post reply Stage

" Most people hate my poetry because my poetry s*cks" -Mike Acker

• Julianna A. Laplante (5/7/2014 3:00:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hey I have just started writing poems! I want to become really good so advice is needed! thanks!

• Jefferson Carter (5/8/2014 7:34:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

READ, read, read, the best contemporary poets. It's art form, not just self-expression. Reading good poetry by others will guide and inspire you. If you want a list, I'll send you one. JC

[Hata Bildir]