Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Mike Acker (3/28/2014 6:23:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Put a lid on it, Sherrie.

From what I have seen you do to try to bait him, I think you are full of B.S., Sherrie. Dan is clearly one of the good guys. Many on here have referred to you as the evil witch of the west, you are coming across as the global evil witch. Have a talk with the little blue bird that flies around here. She saved Palmer's ass and I am confident she can teach you a few manners. She does it so effortlessly. You seem to do your evil effortlessly as well. People here are as obsessed with you as most men are with women who don't believe in shaving their legs. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I just hope it doesn't spread from Germany to the rest of the world.

I remember a few days ago someone mentioned that you had problems with Palmer, Carter and all other " men" stalking you that you had to hire a team of lawyers to handle just the stalkers on Poem Hunter. I can see by your picture that your beauty would cause wars between nations.

Anyway, like I said, put a lid on it!

Replies for this message:
    • Mike Acker (3/29/2014 11:06:00 AM) Post reply Stage

From what the personas had said on here I assumed there was a German connection. Germany is the only country in which men encourage their women to grow their natural body hair. I simply made a compa ... more

• Mike Acker (3/28/2014 5:06:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Palmer, homophobia is usually a sign of some repressed desires. Wear your loafers proudly, even lightly. Look what happened to Hoover. I always tell my readers from the other team that I play straight and that there is nothing wrong with playing the other way. I think it was either Shakrina's (or Shakrin's) switch from male to female and back that led me to believe that you may still be confused.

Regarding, Sherrie, yes, that was a mistake. When two jackasses or sorry, three jackasses are at it I shouldn't get involved. I'll get out of the way and let the kings and queens of mediocrity have the field. Just so there is no mistake about it I don't include Blue Bird as part of this underprivileged class. She truly is talented.

You will always be what it seems you have been since this forum was started; a jackass with an inferiority complex. A little birdie(blue birdie) had to save your ass a few days ago. You were acting like a lost little child till she swooped down and scared the big monsters(personas) away.

• Lamont Palmer (3/28/2014 6:09:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Can you get any more boring, stupid and repetitive, 'Mike'?You are the blight and the troublemaker on this forum. No question. You've spewed more garbage than any one I've ever seen. Angie wasn't nece ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Dan Reynolds (3/28/2014 4:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Open letter to Mgmt as the report function seems temporarily out of action...
    Subject: reporting profile of Sherrie:

After repeated requests for this member to refrain from communicating with me, she has now also begun to brag about belittling me. Here is one of her recent posts:
    "
    Silliness, No, Mikeala, I do not need your help. I'm perfectly capable of mocking those who are mock-worthy all by my lonesome. Lamont, the person for whom you have a major hard on, knows that it was a joke. I was, in fact, mocking the ever juvenile Mr. Reynolds. Any one with half a brain knows that.

Yawn. Big stretch. Zzzzz. "

Could you politely notify this member, that she is deliberately flaunting the rules and spirit of Poemhunter. I will still refrain from direct contact with her, but would appreciate your timely intervention.
    Danny

• Mike Acker (3/28/2014 5:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I agree with you, Dan. She is constantly baiting you. Some of the personas were referring to her as the damaged garden tool. She reminds me of someone unattractive streaking through the streets and ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
  • Gulsher John (3/28/2014 11:49:00 AM) Post reply Stage

A doggrel

Heard from sages,
    that only
    words can change;
    the world and ages...
    but my tongue
    has been fettered
    and pen gets sterile,
    and
    words those often resonate
    in minds
    die in freezing dark.....
    and
    nobody knows
    where heaven lies?
    in a painted smiles or
    in a heart, goes wild.

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (3/28/2014 11:17:00 AM) Post reply Stage

My cut and paster had a gltch this morning. Let's try this again. Now that those with a need for child's play (and how deliciously fun it was!) have been appeased: poetry. I am impressed by both the few words it took to create this incredible imagery, and by the imagery itself. Hope you all can wrap your heads around this poem, or at the very least, talk about poetry, yeah, actual poetry

The Starry Night

By Anne Sexton

That does not keep me from having a terrible need of—shall I say the word—religion. Then I go out at night to paint the stars.Vincent Van Gogh in a letter to his brother

The town does not exist
    except where one black-haired tree slips
    up like a drowned woman into the hot sky.
    The town is silent. The night boils with eleven stars.

Oh starry starry night! This is how
    I want to die.

It moves. They are all alive.
    Even the moon bulges in its orange irons
    to push children, like a god, from its eye.
    The old unseen serpent swallows up the stars.

Oh starry starry night! This is how
    I want to die:

into that rushing beast of the night,
    sucked up by that great dragon, to split
    from my life with no flag,
    no belly,
    no cry.

• Jack Growden (3/28/2014 7:08:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Feel free to give it a like: www.facebook.com/jackgrowdenwriting

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (3/27/2014 10:34:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

As difficult as it may be to believe, I took on Danny Reynolds' challenge (Oh. My. God. I said his name. Is that like saying Macbeth in the theatre?) , and have been reading some of the poetry that is on this site, rather than coming to the Forum... where nothing of value is being said. Yawn....big stretch....zzzz.....

I have been reading the work of a Jimi Doyle this morning. So far, I've really enjoyed his work....much like a more polished Charles Bukowski (who you all know, I adore - warts and all) .

I encourage you to read his work and offer compassionate and constructive comments (like that alliteration?) .

Later, Dudes.

• Lamont Palmer (3/27/2014 4:00:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Its not terribly hard to be more polished than Buk. But if you read his very early poems, when he still cared about poetry, you'll be surprised to see a little music and wordplay there. I read a ... more

• Steven Ralph (3/27/2014 3:12:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies Stage

Two of the best on here are Sandy Player and Michael Oliver. Check them out Sherrie.

• Stan Grossman (3/26/2014 10:13:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I'd never seen this one before. Isn't Cummings work like a poem inside of a dream?They're like a poem and a dream smashed together.

“ if the Lovestar grows most big

a voice comes out of some dreaming tree
    (and how i’ll stand more still than still)
    and what he’ll sing and sing to me

and while this dream is climbing sky
    (until his voice is more than bird)
    and when no am was ever as i

then that Star goes under the earth

• Alexander Opicho (3/26/2014 2:23:00 PM) Post reply Stage

two books; Life of Pi by Yann Martel and Ground under her feet by Salman Rushdie

• Mike Acker (3/26/2014 12:23:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Oil On Canvas,
    Vancouver

A stroke of ocean blue
    lapping onto
    A dab of forest green
    haloed by
    A tinge of snowing white
    all under
    A smear of cerulean

shadowed by
    A mist of Owl's scorned gray