Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/12/2014 2:14:00 AM) Post reply

That was not me below. That is the other persona of the other persona that Palmer sometimes uses that has now been highjacked by someone else using personas.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/12/2014 2:11:00 AM) Post reply

This is a professor's biography, written by him in the first person, with admirable achievements. Simple, straightforward and more or less humble.
    =====
    ============= 2 lines of biography===
    Biography of Jefferson Carter

I'm currently writing department chair at a community college in Tucson, Arizona, where I've lived since 1954 and where I teach composition and poetry writing.
    I've had seven chapbooks published by various local and national presses. My latest book, 'Sentimental Blue, ' is available online from chax.org.

Jefferson Carter's Works:

'Taking Chances, ' Desert First Works
    'Gentling the Horses, ' Maguey Press
    'None of This Will Kill Me, ' Moon Pony Press
    'Tough Love, ' Riverstone Poetry Press
    'Homemade Arrows, ' Red Felt Publishing
    'Litter Box, ' Spork Press (reissued Chax Press)
    'Sentimental Blue, ' Chax Press

Now look at the Mule's: written in the third person, err well, just read it.

====== 16 lines of biography=========

Biography of Lamont Palmer

Lamont Palmer was born and raised in Maryland, where he still resides. He wrote poetry in his teens, but left it as an adult, and did not write anymore poetry for 20 years. In his late 30's, feeling the artistic urges moving him, he returned to poetry, again, as a way to vent his feelings. However this time he began to see his writing as actual art, a craft, something to be taken seriously, a more than simply unloading his feelings bluntly onto the page. He cites as his poetic influences the work of the English masters, Wordsworth and Keats, the French Symbolist Stephane Mallarme, and 20th century lyricists such as Wallace Stevens, T.S. Eliot, James Merrill, W.H. Auden, and John Ashbery. Twice nominated for the Push Cart Prize in 2011, Palmer has published poetry in online magazines including, Some Words, Ariga, Red River Review, and Strange Roads. In addition to poetry, he also writes fiction and has completed one novel which he is in the process of trying to get published. He is fond of describing himself as a 'nonsmoker, nondrinker, nondruguser who's bright, witty, loves his parents, never been to jail, can't swim, is nervous of air travel, dislikes movies with too many car crashes, is musically eclectic, and would die without Cable TV.' In his spare time enjoys reading, playing Scrabble, following politics, and sometimes just staring into space in deep thought. Though Lamont would love to win a National Book Award for his work someday, he still primarily writes poetry for the release and the creation of a legacy, of sort. He writes, 'I don't have kids so I see my poems as my offsprings; perhaps even better reflections of myself than a child would be. I hope people will know my poems and enjoy them, now, and long after I have said goodbye to the world.'
    Lamont Palmer can be contacted through Poem Hunter, or palmer410@aol.com which is his personal email address.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/12/2014 1:59:00 AM) Post reply

Hey, Plum, read Palmer's biography. What does nominated mean? Does it mean win? Why would a guy refer to himself in the third person! ! ! ????

• Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/12/2014 1:55:00 AM) Post reply

Mr. Mule, please post your Tribute to Alan Prell. Please! ! Or should we do it for you?

• Rookie - 1st Stage Professor Plum (10/12/2014 1:05:00 AM) Post reply

People, you know that was not me down there.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Scotty Dogg (10/12/2014 1:00:00 AM) Post reply

I am with Mike all the way!

Here is a list of people who I believe are unbiased when critiquing:

- Mike Acker
    - Jefferson Carter
    - Peter Stavropolous
    - Jimm Hogg
    - Mandolyn
    - Dan Reynolds
    - John Westlake(yes, hard to believe)
    - Gulsher John
    - Jim Crawford
    - Adam Snow
    - did I mention Mike Acker?
    - to anyone else I may have missed, please come forward!

So, if you are not on the above list, I consider you to be an immature individual who cannot suspend his or her personal feelings about a poet while critiquing his or her poem. The three most notorious, and childish individuals on here are Monty The Mule and his sidekick The Dogg(aka Professor Plum) , and their streaker, Sherrie Von Gonzalez Kolb.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Professor Plum (10/12/2014 12:54:00 AM) Post reply

I agree with Acker........

Here is a list of people who I believe are unbiased when critiquing:

- Mike Acker
    - Jefferson Carter
    - Peter Stavropolous
    - Jimm Hogg
    - Mandolyn
    - Dan Reynolds
    - John Westlake(yes, hard to believe)
    - Gulsher John
    - Jim Crawford
    - Adam Snow
    - did I mention Mike Acker?
    - to anyone else I may have missed, please come forward!

So, if you are not on the above list, I consider you to be an immature individual who cannot suspend his or her personal feelings about a poet while critiquing his or her poem. The three most notorious, and childish individuals on here are Monty The Mule and his sidekick The Dogg(aka Professor Plum) , and their streaker, Sherrie Von Gonzalez Kolb.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Adam M. Snow (10/12/2014 12:33:00 AM) Post reply

Howdy

• Rookie - 1st Stage Professor Plum (10/11/2014 8:43:00 PM) Post reply

Acker, tell your troll " friend" to stop using my name and I'll ignore your lousy poetry like I've always done. Or don't, I enjoy making you look like a fool anyway. You probably like it though, you masochistic goofball.

• Rookie - 1st Stage Mike Acker (10/11/2014 7:08:00 PM) Post reply

I don't know why you waste your time, " Monty, the Mule" . You are obviously biased when it comes to my poetry, which makes it personal for you. I have nothing personal against you. I just don't see any good poetry in what you write. I can never forget that you have been flogging your dead horse for over 40 years. You should be a bit further ahead. When a retired professor calls me a mule, I would stop and think about it and not dismiss it so lightly. First you are referred to as Big Bird, and now " Monty the Mule" , something ain't right! ! ???

Check the list of unbiased critics, and you will see that you are not on it.

[Hata Bildir]