Members Who Read Most Number Of Poems

Live Scores

Click here to see the rest of the list

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Post a message
  • Herman Hermanlungen (4/6/2014 12:31:00 PM) Post reply

It is interesting in life how some people will speak in a vay and project an image which often is contrary to vhat zhe facts show, once determined.

These two cases of Lamont Palmer und Sherry Kolbenhousenbunzenburnerkrachen are ze best examples of such borderline deceivers. All it took vas just a few days of digging und fact checking.

I am tired now und so vill go to take my after noon nap.

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/6/2014 12:24:00 PM) Post reply

Forum members sick and tired of your animal manure, Sherry, have sent us more and more past postings or links to interesting insights into what makes you tick. You and Mr. Lamont Palmer, according to many members, have had a very negative influence on this forum. According to what we have received you and Lamont Palmer have used every trick in the book to manipulate, distort and attack innocent members who believe your posts after planting multiple negative persona posts. It is time you concentrate on your " higher education" and your illustrious and world -famous poet husband. There is doubt being cast now as to whether you even have an AA degree, Sherry let alone a BA or BS. Someone indicated that we will know in the very near future.

It is simply time for you and your slimy gang of snakes to vacate here.

Below are the types of poems flying around the Kolbenhousenbunzenburnerkrachen household. Yikes. After World War II, Argentina had a sudden rise in the number of disgusting poetry. Afeter some research it was discovered that the rise of terrible poetry forcing a decline in great Argentinian poetry was due to the massive migration of amnesic ex adolf followers. They brought this kind of poetry with them. Can you imagine adding HUND From HOELLE in a poem for a loved one. Well here you go enjoy...
    I would recommend having some barf bags close at hand.

Of course, none of this is personal. It is after all is said and done, about the poetry.

Für mein Sherrie, mein Dora

I could not have written this Surrealistic poem to anyone but you, but you still may not like it much. Dora Maar may not have wanted to have her portrait done as a Cubist, Guernica-infused Weeping Woman, but she loved the guy, you know?

yB

There is a chocolate fondue fountain into
    which lovers could dip marshmallows, black-
    berries, or lovers, understanding that
    love, perfect undipped love
    can be metaphysical, should be;
    I will have it surreal, and love you
    as I am now, as I wish to perceive you,
    mindful, body-full, and full.
    It’s potent and paradoxical, like
    dreams of wizards or flying fish or
    looking at a sunrise in our windshield and not
    talking about fire.
    Only with you can I see these things
    with such clarity that they blind us
    and fill us with understanding.

I will blaze unchocolated through your world, through; JUST WHEN YOU THINK YOU HAVE GOTTEN PAST THE WORST THIS COMES ALONG
    you into mine and together, AND THIS
    remembering a time unreal and true,
    long ago and never, when
    we would see fish in the clouds,
    I would become your wizard forever
    and we’d walk past the unvisited section
    of the ancient bookstore, past
    an unopened copy of
    Liebe ist ein Hund von der Hölle
    and remark with pure pleasure
    that had he lived, Freud
    could have read Bukowski.

By Ben Cassel
    Every year for our anniversary, Valentine's Day, birthday, etc., my husband and I write poems for each other. This one was written in 2011, and since it's the 8th anniversary of our first date, and he's right smack dab in the middle of performance night of his high school play, I wanted to share this poem that, to me, said, " I know you."

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/6/2014 12:21:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Check out Thomas Vaughan Jones; his work is hysterical. Yes, it rhymes, but it is brilliant. I really enjoyed " A Brief Note for my Surgeons" - fun stuff. When rhyme is brilliant (in the eye of the beholder) - it is good (of course, IMNSHO) .

Replies for this message:
    • Atheanga Tiomaint (4/6/2014 5:28:00 PM) Post reply

I think, my dear Sherry, it is time for you to simply and fully check out. And I mean CHECK- OUT. Thank you. INMHO OFYA@@

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/6/2014 12:01:00 PM) Post reply

As promised, here is the randomly chosen " writer" and her " ek" " poem" . I have to keep telling myself not to forget about going to the bathroom, I am that excited.

Helga

By Sherrie Gonzales-Kolb

Dirty-blonde plaited hair.
    in a soft brown,
    cashmere sweater,
    and let’s be honest,
    a satiny camisole
    to ward off
    irritation.

Nudity is the
    great equalizer
    of people, but
    she is wearing
    a turtleneck,
    peacefully
    around her throat.

Her soft curves,
    highlighted by
    beams of sun,
    prisms through
    dirty windows,
    covered
    like the precious
    pearls of great
    price.

The artist sees
    the soul and merges
    with his subject,
    sketch, then brush,
    stroke by stroke.

The first big surprise is that the artist is German along with his " beautiful" model Helga. Once we get over that surprise we get into the poem itself. Remember, at the end of the day it is about the poetry.

Verse 1 could have been written by anyone, anyone even the plumber's wife or his eight year old daughter. So let's continue....

Verse 2

Nudity is the
    great equalizer
    of people, but
    she is wearing
    a turtleneck,
    peacefully
    around her throat......one can almost read this with a German accent: Nudity is ze great equalizer of people, you can see where we are going. A very harsh crackling verse wtih not much meaning to the portrait or the " poem"

I think I am done here. I am sure Dr. Dr. Hermanlungen will want to add his few pfennigs. I am sure Mr. Reynolds will try to come to her defense.

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/6/2014 10:20:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

I write as an overflow of executive function data, processed limbically. My writing is deliberate and conscious. I read a great deal of poetry and everything in between. I also glean from life and university readings. I think, and I can speak only for myself, that art is a byproduct of every person, place, thing we’ve ever experienced, as well as every book, song, or piece of art that we’ve had contact with. I try to write with my own voice, even though there will always be vestiges of my influences. Form?I think we all write in some kind of form. I shape the words into something meaningful, primarily for me, and if my work touches others, either in a positive or a negative way, then I’m pleased that I’ve made an impact. I have broken out of form(s) many times. For example, when I was a young writer, I wrote in rhyme, one of the greatest forms to teach about rhythm – although a form that becomes quickly tiresome for me today - unless it's brilliantly funny - and I don't see rhyme as a " serious" type of writing. As I’ve seasoned as a writer, I write, hopefully, rhythmically, while finding my own style, and breaking out of rhyme. I am always reaching outside of my comfort zone(s) – in all things, in writing, in life, in my academic journey.

As far as “what informs my criticism of others poetry” – I look for rhythm, whether or not the poem makes logical sense – even the very obscure writers make sense, if the writer is well-honed, and knows what s/he wants to say, writing that is not clunky (although I’ve certainly written clunky poetry myself) . I don’t compare others’ poetry to my own, because mine is not a perfect product, but I know bad poetry when I see it. Immature poetry is different than bad poetry. I have been reading some of the poetry at this site, and have stumbled upon some really great poets, IMO. I’ve also stumbled upon teenagers who bleed all over their pages – which is okay, they will mature as writers the more they write.

Bob Dylan (who I adore) once wrote a book called TARANTULA – IMO, a dreadful stream of consciousness book. I try to stay away from stream of consciousness writing, although fractal poetry really speaks to me, and I’ve written one as an experiment, to, as you say, “write outside my comfort zone.”

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for sure, IMO. I think that good poetry, dark poetry, light poetry, funny poetry, ad infinitum, should have an element of universality, and that is what I look for in poetry. I will be learning how to fine-tune my work for the rest of my life. Publishing?While I’ve been published in a few journals, it’s not my primary goal. With school, I have too many other irons in the fire already. I write as catharsis. I write for my family, friends, university assignments. Poetry is fun, but other types of writing are more important to me. I enjoy poetry as a peripheral garnish to more serious, academic reading and writing.

I was pleased that Angie suggested the ekphrastic poetry. It required stretching outside my comfort zone, that I give more than I would have otherwise. I have also appreciated some of the poetry that spoke to chaos. Good stuff.

• Sherrie Kolb Cassel (4/6/2014 12:13:00 PM) Post reply

Thanks, John. The questinos were profound and necessitated a great deal of thought.

• Gulsher John (4/6/2014 11:23:00 AM) Post reply

Sherry impressive description... indeed one has to view her/his creativity- Art i like it

• Gulsher John (4/6/2014 6:53:00 AM) Post reply

the divided SELF,
    How do you define yourself?Is it possible to accurately determine the 'parameters' of your identity?How do you know that you are not someone else?

• Gulsher John (4/6/2014 6:34:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry is usually considered the most local of all the arts.
    Painting, sculpture, architecture, music, can be enjoyed by all who see or hear. But language, especially the language of poetry, is a different matter. Poetry, it might seem, separates peoples instead of uniting them.But on the other hand we must remember, that while language constitutes a barrier, poetry itself gives us a reason for trying to overcome the barrier...

T.S. Eliot

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/5/2014 11:58:00 PM) Post reply

Thank you so much, Herman. You are so wise. Good night from me. I am so excited about the upcoming events, that, as Sherry would say, I have forgotten to go to the bathroom. We are here to help. Please feel free to contact us.

• Herman Hermanlungen (4/5/2014 11:54:00 PM) Post reply

If I may, Atheanga, I vould like to make a very important statement.

At ze end of it all, on a forum as zis van, all ze talk is talked, all ze nonsense is said, und at ze end of ze day it is about who can write good poetry and who can write great poetry and who cannot write at all. We have made great progress in ze last few days. Mr. Lamont Palmer has been ridiculed again out of here(again, I understand) . Miss Veeta or Ms. Gunnell has also shown herself to be at best an amateur. I will leave judgement about ze last(PH forum-only famous Sherrie Kolben(you know ze rest) for tomorrow. It doe not look good, however.

Sadly, ve have seen zat inspite of all the silliness, Ms. Veeta, or as our research has shown, Ms. Gunnell's abiltiy to write just is not zer. The randomly chosen subject for tomorrow, Helga(Sherrie Kolbenhousenbunzenbrunerkrachen's poem) will also disappoint greatly.

Like I said above it is, at ze end of ze day about ze poetry and nosing else. This is all so exciting. Atheanga und I have only just begun our vork here.

I am tired now and vill continue tomorrow. Sank you und goodnight!

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/5/2014 11:29:00 PM) Post reply | Read 4 replies

Interesting bit of news. Someone just offered us, for our scientific part of our study, private messages through PH going back a few years. These apparently have to do with the private exchanges between an Angie Gunnell and none other than one of our subjecs Mr. Lamont Palmer. They, according to the source, show this Angie in a not so positive light. They claim that there are messages in which she clearly flirts with Mr. Palmer. This would be a bit strange. From our research we noticed that this Angie has claimed that Mr. Palmer had in fact been harassing her. Very interesting news. We hope to get these exchanges sometime tonight. I also learned now that this Angie Gunnell is in fact Blue Bird who is now Velvet Blue Bird. The plot thickens.

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/6/2014 12:12:00 AM) Post reply

Mr. Palmer, you call others dredgers? I don't believe there was ever a worst dredger than you, according to our research. we have only just begun, Mr. Lamont Palmer. Normal, well adjusted poets talk ... more

• Atheanga Tiomaint (4/6/2014 12:05:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

I think the details of these exchanges will be, to say the least, explosive. It takes Mr. Lamont Palmer from looking like a wet rat to a dry one. It tarnishes Ms. Veeta quiet a bit. Wait for tomorr ... more

• delilah contrapunctal (4/6/2014 12:02:00 AM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

hello dredger......you've chosen the past, present and future to denigrate anyone and everyone here....your pathetic attempts to criticize and condemn each person and theur work is both inane and mea ... more

• Gulsher John (4/5/2014 11:57:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

Ahhaa so the show begins.... yemmmmm le ... more

[Hata Bildir]