Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Rich Hanson Male, 63, United States (3/15/2005 5:02:00 PM)

I too would be more comfortable without the numerical rating system. Why not just give our reaction to a poem, suggestions for improvement or praise or criticism in the 'comments' section. If the numerical rating system is retained, have a record of the rater next to the numerical rating. This will eliminate the immature 'hit and run' raters and also embarrass those (Yes, I'm sure there are a few of them) who pump up the ratings of their own poems. This is a wonderful site; finding it has got me writing again after about a 10 year layoff. Now, if there was the same kind of site for short stories.
This is off topic, but has anyone donated to this site? I'm very leary of going the PayPal route and giving out my credit card number, but if others of you have used it with no repercusions, it might be alright. Let me know your own experiences on this, will you please?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie Ulrike Gerbig (3/16/2005 2:05:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

for short stories try abc.tales.com (not sure if the spelling is correct) : there you can post short stories and get reactions, too.

ulrike

• Rookie Robert Rorabeck (3/16/2005 12:52:00 AM) Post reply

i use paypal too (avid ebay seller/ buyer) and it works fine

• Rookie Jackson Kilroy (3/15/2005 5:38:00 PM) Post reply

I use Paypal quite frequently. It is a secure site. Proceed without worry.

[Hata Bildir]