Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Scarborough Gypsy Female, 37, Australia (6/2/2005 7:25:00 AM)

How refreshing to see that nothing has changed on the forum since I last visited at least a month ago. Still the same egotistical characters (though names may have altered somewhat) the sentiments are the same. Just like returning to a “Gentleman’s”
Club in Soho, what? Sooo glad you are all enjoying yourselves and filling up your precious artistic time with such substance. I will leave you now to (no doubt) bag me out too and congratulate yourselves on saving the forum from being subject to yet another uneducated, untalented and unworthy member. Hang loose dudes. Stay cool and chill (your bony arses) out.

Lots of love
Gyp’s

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Poetry Hound (6/2/2005 8:42:00 AM) Post reply Stage

You're right that some things haven't changed - the personal attacks and vitriol. But the thing that HAS changed is that there are actually some discussions of poetry. Or do you prefer the vitriol?

• John William Hall (6/2/2005 7:55:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

Hello. I am relatively new here as well and I am terribly sorry to see you treated like this. Your comments were very realistic and please don't pay attention to the troublemakers.
    Welcome to the OK Corral, sorry to say.
    All my best
    John

Replies for this message:
    • Poetry Hound (6/2/2005 8:44:00 AM) Post reply Stage

Yes, sometimes it does seem like the OK corral. But other times there are some normal discussions of poetry. Have you seen them or do you just like to focus on the trouble?

• Albert E. Neumann (6/2/2005 7:50:00 AM) Post reply Stage

The way I see things if you are not part of the solution than you are part of the problem. Your rhetoric does nothing to quell the flames, perhaps you should make your next absence longer than your last.

warm regards,
    Albert

[Hata Bildir]