Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Rev. Dr. A. Jacob Hassler Male, 39, United States (6/17/2005 7:18:00 AM)

at the risk of passing the buck...

since you're moderating this one, Andrew, i'll leave the rules of engagement up to you. i see the moderator like a card dealer, deal the game and the rest of us play it.

if the last half of a line makes it easier, i'm all for it. one important thing we should bear in mind is that Exquisite Corpse is a game - that's all. nobody expects it to be a masterpiece. the Corpses my writing groups compose are rather absurd. it's virtually anonymous, too. nobody but the moderator knows exactly who is participating or who wrote what, so there's little risk of embarrassment there. it is meant to be a fun exercise to do with friends for laughs.

ultimately, i am glad to see us all coming together on this. :)
we're composing, compromising, and all working together. a far cry from the way things were just a month or so ago. i am anxious to see how our Corpse turns out.

Jake

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 23 Points Poetry Hound (6/17/2005 10:22:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

I think it will be more fun to see who contributed which lines. If anyone wants to remain anonymous, that's fine and they can let Andrew know.

• Rookie Andrew Konisberg (6/17/2005 8:59:00 AM) Post reply

we have a few more people who have offered to contribute, Jake. everybody seems to be joining in with the spirit of fun.

[Hata Bildir]