Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Mary Nagy Female, 43, United States (8/3/2005 5:49:00 AM)

Jefferson, If you feel rhyming quatrains and couplets are too difficult for EVEN YOU to attempt because they are so challenging that's fine. (Yes, I'm sure you were aiming that at me since I gravitate towards the quatrain) I personally like a challenge. Why would anyone stop writing a certain way simply because you say it's too difficult for an amatuer? You seem the type of person that would take the pleasure out of anything. Why can't you just realize not everyone cares whether you feel they are qualified to write here? As for your painting comment....I doubt you would enjoy ANY painting that wasn't strictly either paint-by-number or an exact copy of an already declared 'good' peice of art. You seem to have no sense of creativity of your own, just what 'they' say is good. That's a shame.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Herbert Nehrlich1 (8/3/2005 6:57:00 PM) Post reply

Mary, I had a dream last night. In it I was cranky and upset with you, I called your work all kinds of names and didn't stop there. I mounted personal attacks on your hairdo, your legs, big toes, dimples, wrinkles and the sound of your voice. I called your pets vermin and your house a shack of dilapidation.
    I woke up this morning and thought to myself how very strange dreams can be and then saw your messages on the forum. They revealed, on this fine and sunny Thursday morning, that you not only write from the heart but that a very close link must exist between it and your brain. I don't know if 'down-to-earth' would do you justice but I am glad that the above was only a dream. I would have never said a mean word to you in real life : -))
    Best wishes
    Herbert

[Hata Bildir]