Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Linda Ori Linda Ori Female, 68, United States (9/23/2012 11:22:00 AM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

We had quite a group way back when, Danny. I looked forward to writing and posting comments then - it was exciting and productive. I got alot of positive (and some negative) feedback, constructive criticism, and made some very good friends as well. It got me through a very uncertain time in my life and got me back to writing again after years of neglect. I felt a true sense of connection with a group of kindred souls, and it was a wonderful experience. Somewhere along the line, people began to disappear, there were too many technical difficulties with the site, and it just became a hassel to deal with it all. There was also a faction of disgruntled writers who thrived on attacking other writers, whether justifiably and otherwise, on the forum. It became a war of sorts, and no longer a productive environment. That said, even though I moved to another more user friendly site, I continue to dropp by to see if things are improving, and am happy to see some of the old group returning as well. Maybe things are looking up? It would be nice to think so, but then, " you can never go home again" ........ at least not to the way things used to be.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

[Hata Bildir]