Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Richard Cady Male, 23, United States (2/3/2013 9:17:00 PM)

Hey guys looking for some inspiration I usually write about the good things in life that and my faith however i want to be able to come up with some of the darker things in life things that aren't really talked about and kind of ignored stuff like addictions, death and such but to do that i need inspiration from other poets so I guess what i'm asking is that y'all recommend some of the darker works of poetry that I can read and study so I can come up with my own stuff so if you guys can recommend anything to read in terms of poetry that'd be great

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 304 Points Hardik Vaidya (2/4/2013 11:11:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Hi Richard, my personal opinion, to write something one needs to get into the skin of it. Reading about it won't do. I know this is perhaps a very loaded statement and a politically incorrect one to make, but one has to live through to write through. Be it joy or sorrow. Surely that does not mean one gets into an addiction to write about it as an example of idiocy from my end. You need to voyage into the minds of your subjects. I know this does not help a bit, but you asked.

[Hata Bildir]