Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Alice Vedral Rivera Alice Vedral Rivera Female, 64, United States (10/17/2013 8:26:00 AM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

I do not think it is grandiose. I think it is a a poem about the realization and then affirmation of the fact that 1 person (in this case, a woman who previously believed she was powerless) has the power to make a change. There are some grammatical errors (like 'me who' when it should be 'I who' and missing the verb 'is' in the 5th line) and the poem could be tighter, but I like the concept.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Jefferson Carter Rookie - 1st Stage (10/17/2013 11:33:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Alice, a concept a good poem does not make. AND this concept is grandiose: I'm alone in my fight against evil? C'mon, drop the superheroine pose and get real. This is just another version of teen-age angst.

Replies for this message:
    • Gulsher John Rookie - 1st Stage (10/18/2013 4:14:00 AM) Post reply

Hahaha wow carter, teenage superstitions or MARVEL comics... Ya it naturally happens when someone see him or herself as the protoganist of an event and entitle him/herself of all protocols. Once ... more

[Hata Bildir]