Learn More

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Lamont Palmer Male, 52, United States (11/15/2013 6:09:00 PM)

(This massage was posted as a reply to that message)

Lets see, awful 'verse' from an exceptionally small, uncreative mind. Not much to discuss, but a great deal to abhor. One should be ashamed to post stuff like this. But some people have no shame.As long as they're getting 'attention'. Blechh! .

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rookie - 774 Points Lamont Palmer (11/15/2013 7:59:00 PM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Dear Sherrie, here's the kind of ATTENTION you should be getting; the kind I get. I wrote a poem for a popular radio show host in my area who had retired. His name is Allan Prell. It was a sentimental piece (at least my version of one) , I posted it on a few forums for posterity and forgot about it. Soon afterwards, I received this letter, from Prell himself. Needless to say I was delighted.

Allan Prell (United States ;)
    To:
    Lamont Palmer
    Date Time:
    5/18/2010 9: 25: 00 AM (GMT -6: 00)
    Subject:
    Appreciation
    Lamont:

My son Scott found your poem. I don't have any idea how. I think it is excellent - naturally it's about Allan Prell, one of my favorite people.

Within the past few months have finished a novel I have been working on it for one year. I would like to include your poem in the book. I am self-publishing and would like to include it. In payment I will send you copy FREE if you send along your address. Also when was it first placed on line?

The poem would appear as the last page after 'About the Author.' You will receive writing credit.

I bet you listened to the show when you were at your computer at SSA in West Baltimore. Shame on you..... but thank you.

Allan Prell

Now thats attention. The real thing. Made a couple nice literary contacts from that credit. Maybe some day you too can get offers to publish. Of course, you have to write strong poetry to do that, (not likely in your case) , but one can dream. -LP

[Hata Bildir]