Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Mike Acker Mike Acker Male, 60, Canada (4/16/2014 7:26:00 PM)

I am the most excited here. I had one honorable mention and a plain mention. Mention, nom, win, won, hey I I think I may have won something.
On a serious note, after two years of writing I am happy to be mentioned. Thank you to those who mentioned my name. I am most appreciative.

Here is my take on personas:

Athenaga and Hermanlungen are probably Palmer wanting to stick it on someone else.

Frank Ovid is someone wanting to seem like he recently appeared on the scene. He/She is one of " us" .

Alexander Rizzo is most likely Sherrie, the whole IMO bit leads me to think that, but it could be Palmer like JC said. Who knows?

Dot Dash is either Danny or Palmer. They are both meticulous " historians" .

The rest are irrelevant.

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Mike Acker (4/17/2014 10:57:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I don't know why, but I believe you, Danny.

• Dan Reynolds (4/17/2014 6:19:00 AM) Post reply Stage

I currently have np personas in action. Historically, mine have always been easy to spot, as they were usually spoonerisms, or dislexic puns on another member(s) ' credability. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm not dot dash.

• Frank Ovid (4/16/2014 8:54:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Mike, what do you think you need to improve upon with regards to your poetry?And what are your strengths?Two questions any writer should continually be asking themselves. Just wondering. I'm not a very good poet (nor are my other personas [sic?]) , but I can write small humorous essays, so I've been working on poetry techniques. I don't know if it will ever help. I don't feel as if my life depends on it however. I'm a good musician, so it's not like I'm a complete failure with regards to art forms.

[Hata Bildir]