Treasure Island

Poetics and Poetry Discussion

Is there a book you just read, a piece of poetry news or a reading you just heard that you want to talk about? Here's the place to start a conversation.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Frank Ovid Frank Ovid 45, United States (5/16/2014 5:10:00 PM)

Hi Guys. I just finished my 2nd quarter " Top 5 Poets On the PoemHunter Discussion Forum" A little different this time. I've had a chance to read a more wide variety of your poems. The last month or so I've started to delve into different forms and my poetry world has been reawakened. You may not be here, DON'T worry! I have not read ALL of everyone yet. Be patient.

5) Peter S. (Sneaky good. My wife loves him too. Comes at you from the heart. Why not?)
4) Jeff C. (Fell a spot, but that's okay. Great visuals, but needs to work more musicality into the old rhythms and rhymes. Still very good.)
3) Lamont/Jim Hogg (Tie for 3rd. I didn't know Hogg was so good! And, Lamont is, well, Mr. Reliable. Super.)
2) Delilah (Fell a spot, but she's still great. Love her " playful" use of the language)
1) Dog God 8hate (Yes, moved up to # 1 with his latest efforts. Closest thing to Jimmy Joyce we have on here. Congrats Dog!)

Honorable Mention: Danny (fell out for just a month, he'll come back strong) , Sherrie (Have been reading more and becoming very impressed!) Bull Hawking (Love his name and his poems are super.

Stay tuned next month. You may be here!

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Lamont Palmer (5/18/2014 7:25:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply Stage

I returned to this because I was curious why you criticized JC on his need for more 'musicality' when that never seemed to bother you before?-LP

Replies for this message:
  • Frank Ovid (5/16/2014 8:48:00 PM) Post reply Stage

I try to be objective Lamont.

• Lamont Palmer (5/16/2014 6:31:00 PM) Post reply Stage

Ovid, you'e the fairest guy in this forum, without question. You like to have fun, but your criticisms always have an accuracy about them. -LP

[Hata Bildir]