Post more comments
Want a gift card for being active Forum member? Post comments and win $25 gift card every week.
Rules:
PoemHunter.com will be giving away Amazon.com gift cards (worth $75 in total) every week to first three members ($25 each) who participate most in our forum discussions. You just have to post comments on forum pages, poet pages or poem pages anywhere inside PoemHunter.com
Comments posted needs to be in different pages. Posting more than 1 comment on the same page will only be counted once.
Members can not post comments without being logged in.
PoemHunter.com has the right to cancel or edit this contest.
PoemHunter.com has a right to disqualify or ban member(s) without providing any type of reason, belief or proof in regards to any type of illegal activity or fraud.

3 Books You Must Have In Your Library

Post a message
  • Kojo Bonney (9/14/2013 5:26:00 PM) Post reply

Whispered Promise - by Belinda Jackson
    Becoming a person of influence - by John C Maxwell
    Don't kiss dating goodbye - by Myles Munroe

• Cassandra Jasmine (8/20/2013 11:02:00 PM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

I truly cannot just have three Must-Have-Books! I have so many!
    But, here they are, after much though;
    1) Howl's Moving Castle by Dianne Wynne Jones
    2) The Kingfisher's guide to Horse and Pony Breeds (something like that)
    3) The Outsiders by S.E.Hinton

As for only threee series, that's a different story!
    1) The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling- - Naturally! !
    2) Warriors series by Erin Hunter - Another OF course!
    3) Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. LewisOR Chronicles of Ancient Darkness by Michelle Paver OR Phantom Stallion series by Terri Farley OR the Alice series by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor

Forgive me for my flittering choices! I just really can't decide!
    Cassandra Jasmine

Replies for this message:
    • Animal Jam Moderator (12/30/2013 12:21:00 PM) Post reply

I have read the Kingfisher's guide to Horses and Pony Breeds, and most of the Warriors series! ! I love them all... But I haven't read Harry Potter, Chronicals of Narnia, Acient Darkness, or Phantom s ... more

• Jazzzy Brown (11/5/2013 8:27:00 AM) Post reply

Love the Outsiders and who dosen't love Harry Potter. The Charronicles of Narrnia are so awesome. The rest i haven't read.

• Jessie Hopkins (9/17/2013 8:18:00 PM) Post reply

I love the series you posted! I haven't read the Warriors for quite awhile but that's just cuz I've been waiting for them to finish so I can just buy them all. :) I've seen the movie Howl's Moving C ... more

• Hem Raj Bastola (8/14/2013 1:01:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

1.Norton Anthology of poetry
    2.Outsider-Albert Camus
    3.ABC of Reading- Ezra Pound

• Edgar Stevens (8/6/2013 3:48:00 AM) Post reply

Poem Hunter Poetry Contest has officially started. You can enter with your favorite poem now or write a new one and submit it before August 31st,2013.

Prize is $1,000 for the winner and $250 for the 2nd and 3rd place..

You can write in any poetic style and on any subject.

Entering the contest is free.

Details: http://www.poemhunter.com/contest/

• Steve Downes (8/5/2013 4:25:00 AM) Post reply

A Snail in my Prime - Paul Durkin
    Collected Works - Francis Ledwidge
    The Works of Douglas Adams

• Gwenevere Cornwell (7/30/2013 1:31:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Three books you should have in your library are as follows:
    Divergent, by Veronica Roth-an inspiring dystopian novel that gives everyone a fresh outlook on life while you tag along for the adventure
    Witch and Wizard, by James Patterson-another dystopian novel, interlaced with humour and an ability to give an idea of what to expect will happen in the imminent future if we don't do something to prevent it
    Alex Ryder books, by Anthony Horowitz-a series that never fails to please as it teaches you new things like physics in plain words, and gives you the thrill ride of your life; my knuckles became white because I gripped it so tightly due to its amazingness
    (sorry for my lack of better words, I'm tired) : P

• Rains Of Bloom (8/20/2013 12:25:00 AM) Post reply

i just saw a thing in this magazine on the movie, (divergent) the girl who plays in the secret life of the american teenager-cannever remember her name plays the lead and the really cool guy from dow ... more

• Okot Innocent Angeeyo (7/20/2013 5:50:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

my three is and will always be
    song of lawino by Okot P'bitek
    HEART OF DARKNESS BY CONRAD
    THINGS FALL APART BY WOLE SOYINKA

• Teddy Opundo (8/1/2013 2:55:00 PM) Post reply

Great choices and it is things fall apart by Chinua Achebe not Wole Soyinka

• Keith Haines (7/10/2013 12:32:00 PM) Post reply

Hmm, these three always make me feel good: 1) A Moveable Feast by Hem,2) Letters To a Young Poet by Rilke,3) Selected Poems of Li Po, trans. by David Hinton. All slim volumes, too! Fit right in yr back pocket.

• Rick Adriolo (7/6/2013 5:46:00 PM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Hmm.. just 3 books.. then I would go with -after glueing the fronts to the backs to make ik one book- probably with:

A song of ice and fire..
    Lotr
    Steven king collection..

: -)

• Sj Holland (7/3/2013 5:18:00 PM) Post reply | Read 2 replies

A thesaurus.
    A rhyming dictionary.
    A dictionary of commonly misspelled/misused words.

Notwithstanding that all answers can be gotten through quick internet search, I still like having hard copies on hand. Sometimes it's faster, and I can take them with me, when I'll not have the use of a computer, and can write by hand.

• Gwenevere Cornwell (7/30/2013 1:35:00 AM) Post reply

I hope you don't take what I say with offense, but I don't use any of those tools, and I instead use my imagination for words to use. Perhaps you should try it so that you're writing the words instead ... more

To read all of 2 replies click here
[Hata Bildir]