Post more comments

Movies and TV

Post a message
  • Jayne Slater (7/18/2009 3:41:00 PM) Post reply

Le Roi De Coeur (The King of Hearts)
    It's a french movie with english subtitles set in france near the end of World War I. The German soldiers manage to come just short of destroying a small town, causing all the citizens to flee, leaving only one scottish soldier and an insane asylum that he unknowingly leaves the door open to- allowing all the patients to escape and take over the town themselves. You grow to relate to the insane people, as you watch them do what they can with their freedom, sort of in the way a young child plays out what they want to be when they 'grow up'. The film ends leaving the audience with a question: who's less sane, the soldiers in wars blowing up everyone and themselves, putting everything in risk to fight; or the psychiatric patients?

Heathers
    a dark comedy, think Mean Girls, but better. Much better. Christian Slater and Winona Ryder go on a homocide-suicide scheme on the popular girls in school, all named Heather (ever seen the cartoon Recess with the girls named Ashley? they're pretty much exactly like that) Christian's character, J.D, is a tough quiet guy you don't want to mess with, who not only attracts, but confuses and persuades Winona's character, Veronica, to kill off each of the Heathers who have caused her trouble in life by 'accident' (on Veronica's part anyway) and keep fixing it up by making it look like suicide, The most interesting part of the film: when the cool kids have all reportedly 'killed themselves' and suicide becomes the hot trend in the local high school.

Home Room
    a well acted drama that begins with a school shooting that kills 9 students and seriously injures one, Deanna. The shooter is dead, shot by police, and the only witness (and possible partner in crime) is goth student, Alicia, who is now being closely watched by a detective played by Victor Garber. With school being closed, Alicia is ordered by the principle to visit Deanna in the hospital for a limited time period every day- emphasising the difference between the darkly dressed girl raised in a one parent household, shunning the society that equally shuns her; and Deanna, a spoiled, wealthy, popular cheery girl lying in a hospital bed. Thoughts and feelings are explored, with high tension revolving around the school shooting and the detectives trying to get Deanna to pry information (without luck) out of Alicia. The best scene comes at the end when a small group of students return to the school months later and Alicia's secrets are revealed with superb acting all around, a very under-rated film.

• Kristi Martin (7/7/2009 2:40:00 PM) Post reply

Every one should definately watch Montgomery Clift in THE YOUNG LIONS, also starring Marlon Brando and Dean Martin. Though I'm a huge fan of all three men, Monty's perfromance is the most profound. I love them moment when he's winning the fight with guys from his army company and he's telling this big guy, 'DON'T FALL! DON'T FALL! ' I don't know why, but it just makes you want to burst into tears. After all that adversity from being Jewish and small, he becomes the victor. I guess it's just the fact that the little guy won for once.

• Georgie Shaw (7/1/2009 6:29:00 AM) Post reply

every one should watch hannah montana the mnovie the songs are great in it i like the climb and hoedown throwdown. go on 2 www.youtube.com then search the climb miley cyrus or hoedown throwdown. it is fab.

• Chloe Young (6/28/2009 4:28:00 PM) Post reply

i think everyone should watch eagle vs shark, it is hilarious

you me and everyone we know is amazing too
    so is brick
    and i think EVERYONE should own a copy of my own private idaho

• Krystal Vincent (6/15/2009 1:24:00 PM) Post reply

my favorite movie of all times would have to be Antoine fisher because he is a marine with a hurtful past that leaves him with a temper. he is willing to show emotions and is willing to do what ever it take to change.he has a good heart.As he lets goes of his past he finds value in new people and new things around him.there is a lot of poetry in this movie.I can relate to movies and t.v. that is why I agree with watching it. It helps me and inspires me in many ways.

• Richard Blank (6/4/2009 11:06:00 AM) Post reply

Anthont Adverse is one of the best movies. The book is better, yet, it has the old school charm that today's theatre lacks.

All opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Richard

http: //www.costaricascallcenter.com/page_builder.php? page=index.php

• Zamora Zamora (6/3/2009 2:12:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

In is essentially important for human beings to follow laws and orders
    without which a man can be brutal enough harm others. It can be easily
    mentioned that law plays a vital role in arranging the mob in a
    systematic manner. So, one should never fail to follow laws of any
    kind, concerning anything.
    This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition. It’s perfect thought from my side.
    zamora

[url=http: //www.legalx.net]Find Lawyer[/url]

Replies for this message:
    • Gold Fish (10/8/2009 7:17:00 PM) Post reply

This is a fundamental principle behind the necessary evil known as the government. Thomas Paine elegantly addresses this very issue in his seminal work entitled Common Sense. Matthew

• Kori Haffmun (5/30/2009 8:40:00 PM) Post reply

I like Spirited Away. It's one of the best animated films...ever. Or at least to me.

• Jack James (5/20/2009 4:26:00 AM) Post reply | Read 3 replies

Ex-con Jensen Ames is forced by the warden of a notorious prison to compete in our post-industrial world's most popular sport: a car race in which inmates must brutalize and kill one another on the road to victory.
    The warm feeling I get when someone is thoughtful enough to say thank you for having been helped far outweighs the empty one I get when there's no feedback at all.
    [url=http: //www.legalx.net]Lawyer Directory[/url]

Replies for this message:
    • Zamora Zamora (6/3/2009 2:13:00 AM) Post reply

This is a wonderful opinion. The things mentioned are unanimous and needs to be appreciated by everyone. The above thought is smart and doesn’t require any further addition. It’s perfect thought from ... more

• Sarah Jones (5/22/2009 8:23:00 AM) Post reply

The best movies to me are..Butterfly Effect and I Am Sam. :)

• Jack James (5/20/2009 4:26:00 AM) Post reply

Ex-con Jensen Ames is forced by the warden of a notorious prison to compete in our post-industrial world's most popular sport: a car race in which inmates must brutalize and kill one another on the ro ... more

• Leandra Gebrakedan (5/19/2009 4:58:00 AM) Post reply

My favourite movie at present is The green mile

[Hata Bildir]