Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Billy Simani (11/10/2012 1:34:00 AM) Post reply

Hi good people am new and looking forward to make waves from ripples, you can check out my new poem http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/mr-politician-4/ and vote for it, thanks alot.

• Anna Marie Taylor (11/9/2012 5:18:00 PM) Post reply

Let's start a contest for poems. Anyone wanna help me figure this out?

• Bryan Seyffert (11/8/2012 2:37:00 AM) Post reply

Hey all I am new here been writing for a while. Usually I just write for me but today.. I would love some opinions and critics!

• Jetty J Newnham (11/4/2012 4:44:00 PM) Post reply

If your in the uk try unitedpress.co.uk they have competitions running all the time I entered one although I didn't win they publishing one of my poems free of charge, which is a victory of sorts jetty

• Crystal Rosser (11/4/2012 3:13:00 PM) Post reply

Where can I find these supposed poetry contests?I would really like to enter some if they exist.

• Gisela Ute Duvel (11/4/2012 4:11:00 AM) Post reply

Hi there dear poets
    I am new to this posting thing, I would really like it if you would read my poems and give your views in comments. I don't know if i write good poems or not and would like to see what you think. I will for sure read through your poems aswell and comment. Take care

• Jahan Zeb (11/4/2012 3:13:00 AM) Post reply

Hey Hi everyone. Poet. A strange person.
    A person in our language says about poet.
    In this word, Three people can speak the truth.
    1. A King.
    2. A mad man.
    3. guess who????............. A Poet
    Love you poets. You are amazing.
    Skinless creatures who weep when slightly touched by a little thorn.

• Leonardo David Tay (11/3/2012 4:09:00 AM) Post reply

I had thought this forum was meant for Poetry Contests and all that was described upon entering. So I would really appreciate it if people would actually post SOMETHING about these contests and not requests to read their poems.

• Jagadish Goswami (11/3/2012 1:55:00 AM) Post reply

Respected poets...Pl do read my poem Time posted on 1st of November instant.I m awaiting comments from your end.Wish U all a very good Day Jagadish Goswami

• Daegonius Bonapartae (11/2/2012 11:47:00 AM) Post reply

'We' are all books
    We are all books. And each in us are pages whether wrinkled, torn, fabricated or freshly formed.On each page is the ink of our life and the images of our life.In every book for every person there are differnt languages, interrpretations of the many actions that took place in the lives of humans, meanings that shape the structure of our book and a cover that defines us all that people look at when they first greet us or see us. Some books are old and some are new but regardless they are all books filled with pages, languages, meanings and 'life'. In these books are multiple ideas that are sometimes forgotten and left behind whereas others are studied and made famous. It is all by which is within the interior of the book that gives true knowledge. Some books are lost forever and some kept forever yet each was once read. ALL of us are books sometimes read incorrectly based off wrong references from other books and other times particularly rarely ever we books are read correctly and that is when true knowledge is understod. Eventually we will wrought and never be read again but so... new ones will be written. What is is important is what is written in your book so that your words never grow old that your images never perish that your ideas never die.
    For all of us are books and it all depends on what kind you are and what is written inside you that flogs the minds of other books that keep them remembered. We are all books just waiting to be read.

Daegonius Bonapartea

[Hata Bildir]