• Poemhunter Moderator (4/29/2014 2:43:00 AM) Post reply
    0 person liked.
    0 person did not like.

Tupelo Press
    First/Second Book Award

Deadline: April 30,2014
    Entry Fee: $28
    E-mail address: srussell@tupelopress.org
    A prize of $3,000 and publication by Tupelo Press is given annually for a first or second poetry collection. Submit a manuscript of 48 to 80 pages with a $28 entry fee by April 30. All entries are considered for publication. Send an SASE or visit the website for complete guidelines.

Tupelo Press, First/Second Book Award, P.O. Box 1767, North Adams, MA 01247. (413) 664-9611. Sarah Russell, Office Manager.

• Rookie Adam Hopkins (4/28/2014 6:05:00 PM) Post reply

I'm confused about the rules of this gift card for reading the most poetry contest. There's no way I'm even going to try to beat these folks but it says you can only get one point every 2 minutes. Presumably to stop people from just clicking through all the poems on the page. That's cool, but I don't understand how some one can get 83 thousand + points in a week. That's 116 days worth of 2 minutes. What am I missing?

• Gold Star - 13,680 Points Gangadharan Nair Pulingat (4/28/2014 2:11:00 AM) Post reply

The poem hunter pages have given ample opportunities for the poets to a right forum to discuss and publish their writings of poems for public scrutiny, evaluation, and opinion which is very helpful for poets and readers alike. In this world of I.T. and the world is having oneness through effective communication we can glad appreciate this facility in its spirit and responsibility.

• Rookie - 885 Points Herbert Guitang (4/26/2014 5:21:00 AM) Post reply

Thank you poemhunter for conducting contest. Although it is hard for me to win, it is still an opportunity to share my poems.

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/25/2014 2:10:00 AM) Post reply

Poetry on the Lake International

Closing date: 28th April,2014.
    Prizes: €500, €200, best sonnet €100 Entry fee: £6 or €1 0 per poem (£15 for three, then (5) , add £2 or €3 per poem by email.
    For poetry up to 50 lines, on theme 'weather'.

Email: poetryonthelake@yahoo.co.uk

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/25/2014 2:09:00 AM) Post reply

Red Shed Open Poetry Competition

Closing date: 25th April,2014.
    Prizes: £100, £50, £25 Wakefield prize.
    Entry fee: £3, £2 each subsequent.
    For poems up to 50 lines.

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/25/2014 2:08:00 AM) Post reply

Poetic Republic Poetry Prize 2014

Closing Date: 30th April 2014
    First Prize: 1st Single Poem Prize £2,000. Portfolio Prize £1,000.
    Entry Fee: £7 per poem
    Anonymous peer review online poetry competition judged by the entrants themselves.
    The event culminates with a collaborative eBook publication featuring the best poems and comments as chosen by the participants.
    For poems up to 42 lines. Any Subject.

For further details and to enter online visit: www.poeticrepublic.com

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/25/2014 2:03:00 AM) Post reply

In Transit: Poetry of People on the Move Anthology.

Approximately 100 page perfect-bound Book. Open Poetry Competition. For further details, rules & entry guidelines visit http://www.bordertownpress.com

First Prize $100 CDN, Second $50 CDN, Third $25 PLUS A Copy of Anthology for all Published. Published in Canada.

Closing date: 30th April 2014
    Entry fee $10 CDN

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/25/2014 2:02:00 AM) Post reply

Cornwall contemporary poetry festival open poetry competition. Judge Imtiaz Dharker who will read all poems submitted - no sifting. Winners will be notified in early June and invited to read their poems at the festival, where the winners will be announced. For full details www.cornwallcontemporary.wordpress.com

Deadline 30th April 2014

First prize £500, second £150, third £50. Entry fee £4 for first submission, £2 for subsequent submission.
    Organised by Falmouth Poetry Group.

• Poemhunter Moderator (4/24/2014 1:19:00 AM) Post reply

There is a $30.00 entry fee for this FREESTYLE competition, which covers administrative and operating cost for the competition but the GRAND PRiZE is well worth the cost of submission!

All SUBMiSSiONS, Contest Rules & inquiries should be made to] www.sister2sistah.myshopify.com

The Grand Prize winner will win: The basic Sapphire Publishing Package from Outskirts Press including a typical profit margin, including standard interior black & white formatting, an iSBN number, a price-embedded barcode, unlimited wholesale printing, fulfillment & distribution via Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and ingram. Paperback Format, Standard Author Webpage. Also Grand Prize Winner will be feature on S2S Facebook pg., a feature on S2S Blog Talk Radio, feature on Laura's Facebook Poetry Page, which equals = EXPOSURE! The second and third prize winner will have their poem featured on S2S Facebook Page, Laura's Poetry Page & will also be guest on S2S Blog Talk Radio.

This is an opportunity of a lifetime for the never published or under published poet. Please make sure to follow contest rules, proof-read your work for grammatical errors, everyone who enters the contest will receive a generic response of verification.

in recognition of National Poetry Month, Launch date April 1st,2014 end date June 30th,2014!

[Hata Bildir]