Treasure Island

Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Lorraine Margueritte Gasrel Black Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/22/2013 10:57:00 AM) Post reply

I send my congratulations to the winners of PoemHunter's September poetry contest! ! ! Fantastic poems.I've been away for a while so I missed this contest.. I hope to enter the next one...

• Anthony Sumpter Freshman - 2nd Stage (11/22/2013 10:41:00 AM) Post reply

Inspiration comes from my daughter's

It's not about me it's about there father

I'm starting to see my reflection through my daughter's face

Now my past is creeping on me so it's time to race

But I'm not a coward anymore that was my dad's mistake

While he was misusing his father's traits

I was looking for love in the wrong place

I broke so many heart's and I still feel abused

Like she was using me and I was using her

Both mother and father stuck in a web

Mother dead while father eating breakfast in bed

The time I had with her was so minimal

The time I had with him was so detrimental

I don't know who to blame

Cause I walked in there shoes and felt there pain

So I'm digging deeper to see who lit the flame

I'm calling on the Gods to bring on the rain

Everyone looking at me like I'm insane

But I'm looking at them like your living in vain

So I walk with my chest out and a smile on my face

As I search for that path of divine grace

• Mary Amrutha Rookie - 1st Stage (11/20/2013 6:28:00 AM) Post reply | Read 1 reply

Can You Help Me?

I couldn't keep going on like this
    any more, not any more.
    I am out of my mind,
    I really am,
    what to do?
    I am totally out of my mind
    I really am
    Can you help me
    to run away from this situation
    this bloody damn one...

Mary Amrutha

Replies for this message:
    • Lee Schneider (11/24/2013 4:09:00 AM) Post reply

A dreadful sinner forever I stayed With curse of Lord and people and myself And not a bit is easier me to be In spite of all this never was my guilt. My life is agony, but I am choosing it, Onl ... more

• Michael Metcalf Rookie - 1st Stage (11/19/2013 8:22:00 AM) Post reply

the rope in which we all hang by is made of three strands hope, love, and happiness and when all of these strands come together they have the ability to create a noose. a noose in which grows tighter and tighter until you’re pushed off the cliff to be left hanging by only hope but realize someone will be at the bottom to catch you before you hit the bottom. falling off the end is selfish because there will always be a person to catch you at the ground even when its not the person you would first expect. we as humans not only have the ability to hurt ourselves, but we have the indefinite ability to hurt others. the gun in which we all carry is a weapon of mass destruction and the bullet of words has the ability to peirce the thickest of skins. the pistol of hate which fires the bullet is thoughtfully created and manipulated to fire a single shot to bring down those who oppose us. but not every one needs these things to better themselves, because everyone has the power to breed there own thoughts, there own inspiration, and has the power to change there own life for the better. the choice is yours don’t wait and be naive to the world around you. use what you know to help you better the person who you really are.

• Gary H Rookie - 1st Stage (11/18/2013 9:46:00 PM) Post reply

She stands there in the rain with a sad look on her face.
    She was once full of joy and life but that's all gone now.
    She now believes as if people look right through her.
    She closes her eyes and begins to dream about flying.
    As the cold her passes her face she for the first time in a long time smiles.
    And as she comes to a landing she realizes there is no more pain, no more sadness, no more anything.

• Brisé Fille Rookie - 1st Stage (11/18/2013 10:12:00 AM) Post reply

Whenever you get the chance, would you mind going take a look at my poem?I'm pretty new to this. Thanks :)

• Shery Vincent Rookie - 1st Stage (11/17/2013 12:32:00 PM) Post reply

Please read my poems and give feedback to improve my writing... thanks

• Major Elazia Rookie - 1st Stage (11/16/2013 8:42:00 AM) Post reply

Kindly I need someone to critique my poems. If you are here's the link http://www.poemhunter.com/major-elazia/

• Mary Amrutha Rookie - 1st Stage (11/16/2013 4:27:00 AM) Post reply

http://www.poemhunter.com/mary-amrutha/ please read and help me in improving. God bless you all

• Herbert Guitang Rookie - 1st Stage (11/15/2013 9:34:00 AM) Post reply

Please read, rate and comment using web Tagalog-English translators. The emotions of this poem are very intense and I can't translate it into English.
    Literary poem: A Tribute and inspired from (Haiyan) Yolanda tragedy with Filipino victims and survivors)
    http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/o-aking-mga-kababayan-at-mga-kapatid/

[Hata Bildir]