Poetry Contests

Post a message
  • Shane Mcknight (8/4/2013 1:47:00 PM) Post reply

Hello, I'm a new user here, and have just a couple of posts. I would really appreciate criticisms, and literary views on my works. Thank you.

• Corey Jones (8/3/2013 2:25:00 AM) Post reply

Hello everyone! i post some of my poems every once in a while and would really love to hear others thoughts on them! some are good and some not so much but either way they evoke what i was feeling at the Time and would really appreciate any feedback i can get! thanks!

• John Hess (8/2/2013 11:18:00 PM) Post reply

Sitting on the porch

Sitting on this porch, I look to the tree;
    Standing there alone now, the only thing I see.
    The cold of season changing, causing it to sway;
    If it had a voice I wonder what it would say.

Just a year ago it wasn't all alone;
    The tornado blew on past and left the others prone.
    So now this giant oak tree, standing at the end;
    Finds the squirrels and birds are gone, no one to befriend.

Branches missing here and there, looks as if its sad;
    Reminds me of my life right now, how things are going bad.
    The leaves are changing color now, all turning brown;
    Gives the feeling of winters coming, silence now the sound.

Will this mighty oak tree, standing all alone;
    Ever find its way again, to become someone's home.
    Will its branches grow so strong, leaves turn to green;
    Time will only tell the tale, of this tragic scene.

John Hess

• Kitty Smith (8/2/2013 7:33:00 PM) Post reply

i am a young aspiring poet and it would be greatly appreciated if you could read my collection, its meager, yes, but i would appreciate all constructive criticism, thank you

• Jack Growden (8/1/2013 5:35:00 AM) Post reply

PLEASE READ MY COLLECTION! ! ! I am a young, aspiring poet. Please feel free to rate them and comment your thoughts. Thanks, Jack Growden

• Joby John (7/31/2013 2:52:00 AM) Post reply

hai friends i invite you all to ponder over on and in my poems " the blind" and " creative tongue"

• Tyrone Dibie (7/30/2013 3:44:00 PM) Post reply

Please will appreciate if my poems " Genocide" and " From the Heart" could be rated by fellow kindhearted poets.

• Gwenevere Cornwell (7/30/2013 1:24:00 AM) Post reply

Okay everyone. I noticed that, despite this being something to be used primarily for contests, it is used to promote people's poetry. However, I wish to introduce a contest:
    I want people to write a poem like this:

Rhymes in relation to lines: ABAB BCBC CDCD DADA
    Lines: 1234 2546 4768 7281
    You start and end with the same line.
    For a reference, you may read my new poem called You Are My Angel.

I would love to see what you submit, and look forward to reading what you come up with. You may use any topic, and any old fashioned words you want. The main goal is to show you all a different style of writing poetry and hope you take a liking to it. I hope you are inspired by my contest, and I can't wait to read your masterpieces! Good luck, and 'May the odds be ever in your favour! ' :)

• Jeryn Bean (7/30/2013 12:04:00 AM) Post reply

I write poems from the heart, so they're not silly or anything like that. they are deep, And somber. If you like them or rate them, its up to you. All i ask is that you give them a chance. Please check out my poems. And let me know what you think if you want.

• Amadeo Dihardjo (7/29/2013 8:31:00 AM) Post reply

hello all, i'm a new user here and would appreciate if someone rates my poems :)

[Hata Bildir]