Treasure Island

Poetry Contests

This forum is for poetry contests, results, events and poetry related news.
Post a message

Click here to list all messages

()

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Leon Somer (2/24/2013 4:33:00 AM) Post reply

Good Evening Alice,
    Let me begin by saying that I am very glad that you're excited about poetry and the many wonders such self expression can hold for almost anyone, and welcome to the website, but I also have to note that your message was very poorly written and will probably scare away just as many readers as a Nazi book burning party. Please use correct spelling, small mistakes I understand, we all make them but when you put everything in caps it tends to yell ignorance. I as a reader am far more likely to become enthralled in a poem or short story if I at least believe that it will be have some deeper insight or significance to it. And as a writer its our job to proved that allure of mystery and draw the reader into our way of thinking, to reveal our soul, if you will. I know this comment probably came off as rather harsh, its not my intention to make you dismay, however, I would simply recommend that you work on some of your advertising abilities, as is they are stating you have a negative product.
    With respect and hopeful admiration,
    -Leon

[Hata Bildir]