Relationships and Love

Post anything about relationships and love, share stories either you heard or lived through.

Post a message

Click here to list all messages

Sj Holland Sj Holland Female, 59, United States (7/3/2013 5:15:00 PM)

Do you find that more men are writing poetry about love and romance now, than ever before?Or does the internet just make them more visible?

To post a reply to this message, click here
Replies for this message:

• Rains Of Bloom (8/20/2013 8:28:00 AM) Post reply

probly. but men can be more open now, less fear of being ridiculed, we embrace the gays, we embrace the romanticaly inclined

• Veteran Poet - 3rd Stage Khairul Ahsan (7/26/2013 11:05:00 PM) Post reply

May be, because of the internet you see more of them.
    I do not know much about English literature, but I can say about my mother language Bangla where world class masterpiece poems on love and romance have been written by male poets. These are appreciated the world over. I can name the two stalwarts, first, Kazi Nazrul Islam, whose legendary works on love and romance will shine for ever as long as Bangla literature lives. Many of his lyrics are converted into songs that are time tested. They inspire the Bengali lovers who love with all their hearts. Another name is Nobel Laureate Poet Ravindranath Tagore who won the Nobel Prize in 1913 for his romantic poems in the book 'Geetanjali'.
    No matter who writes, men or women, love and romance are matters of purity. May the essence of their poems purify our hearts and may love surround us, always and ever.

[Hata Bildir]