Movie Lines and Quotes
(4/2/2014 6:50:00 PM)
" Nothing can be taught,
Everything is to be learnt." -Nurul Islam (Our school teacher)
(4/2/2014 6:38:00 PM)
" Reason of these things like envy, greed, anger is SELF-SATISFICATION.
If we keep ourselves satisfied with ourselves, these things can not attack us"
(4/2/2014 6:34:00 PM)
" If you love your familiars then love the whole world as your familiars.
If you don't then don't love anyone, nor your familiars or others"
(3/27/2014 11:39:00 PM)
1. " Side?Im on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side." - Treebeard, The Two Towers
2. " You shall not pass! " - Gandalf, The Two Towers
3. " All's well that ends better." - JRR tolkien
4. “PIPPIN: I didn't think it would end this way.
GANDALF: End?No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path, one that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
PIPPIN: What?Gandalf?See what?
GANDALF: White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
PIPPIN: Well, that isn't so bad.
GANDALF: No. No, it isn't.”
? J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
“The world is full enough of hurts and mischances without wars to multiply them.”
? J R R Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
(3/6/2014 4:05:00 PM)
" I've seen things you people wouldn't believe....
Attack-ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion.
I watched c-Beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhaser Gate.
All these.....Moments, will be lost.
Like tears....In rain.
Time, to die."
Thomas Vaughan Jones
(3/6/2014 2:20:00 PM)
| Read 1 reply
The Moving Finger writes
and having writ moves on
Nor all your piety and wit
can call it back to cancel half a line
Nor all your tears wash out a word of it.
The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam - The Persian Poet
(2/24/2014 1:17:00 PM)
| Read 1 reply
If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you always got.
Tony DiNozzo, NCIS
(2/4/2014 10:24:00 AM)
" The hours I spend with you I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it. You and you alone make me feel that I am alive. Other men it is said have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough." -George Moore
(1/14/2014 10:56:00 PM)
Once you walk into fire, no matter how fast you run, your feet will still burn.
(12/31/2013 12:22:00 PM)
| Read 2 replies
1) 'Don't talk aloud, Anderson. You lower the IQ of the entire street.' -Sherlock
2) 'I'm not a psychopath, Anderson, I'm a high-functioning sociopath. Do your research.' -Sherlock
3) 'Oh, you meant 'spectacularly ignorant' in a good way.' -Sherlock
4) Mycroft Holmes: 'Just once, can you two behave like grownups?'
Watson: 'We solve crimes. I blog about them, and he forgets his pants. So I wouldn't hold out too much hope.'
5) 'I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking, but it's usually subtext.' -Watson
6) 'The wall had it coming.' -SherlockReplies for this message:
(3/6/2014 4:13:00 PM)
If this is truly a random sample of the lines and not an excercise in cherry-picking, I will have to download and watch it, Elegance, and Elevated Wit is so rare in the usual run of television and f ... more
(2/24/2014 1:16:00 PM)
Six reasons I clearly need to start watching this show.
- Gary Drake (3/6/2014 4:13:00 PM) Post reply